Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Never received telkom landline

My father ordered a telkom landline in late august, they sent an sms saying "dear customer thank you for ordering a telephone service your order 127860420 is receiving attention, we waited a week and i started chatting to the online techies, and i gave them the order number and asked them when will the line be installed, they said something about 2 months, and that the order is not active or something to that effect postponing the installation, i again talked to the online tech and then he told me that the first week of october the line will be installed, 

i waited the whole week at home for them to arrive, i was busy one day in that week when i heard a vehicle outside my front door faces the street and anyone can see that the door is open, i came and stood at the door and saw the telkom vehicle stop in font of my house reversed and drove away, a few days later, i heard that the order was cancelled because the telkom tech commented that no one was home, altough he looked me right in the face when he stopped in front of my house.

how come telkom does not phone you to inform you that they will be coming?

mybroadband posted an article on the declension of telkoms fixed lines, 

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/adsl/128464-telkoms-fixed-line-numbers-the-lowest-since-1992.html

How can you complain about it when you cannot even provide me with a fixed line, i would say just shutup.

Highlighted
Super Admin
Super Admin

Re: Never received telkom landline

Hi @Krait

try our Social Media channels and Agent chat.

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due! 

Highlighted

I did that 3 times, I remember the 1 online representative was Nico, there was no help.

my point is, is that the telkom techs that is suppose to go out to install the lines are not doing their work.

it is December and i still dont have a line.

@CO wrote:

Hi @Krait

try our Social Media channels and Agent chat.

Highlighted

I received an sms stating that my service request will be fullfilled on the 14th of december 2015 between 07:30 and 16:00 and this is an all day appointment i had to take a leave day from work and i waited and waited...................................... Yet again telkom has failed no one has phoned to please and explain.

i spoke to Nosipho on telkom chat she phoned the tech and he said he tried phoning yesterday 13/12/15 and that the line was busy which is impossible i have call waiting and even though i am busy on the line it will still ring and no missed call was registered on my phone 

they cannot keep there appointments for a second time, again this has taken 5 months.

What is really curious is that in the sms they tell you the date and that it is an all day appointment and if this is correct reply @yes i replied with @yes but still they phone me with some bs story about the phone being busy, sa is going to hell in a handbasket.

Highlighted

Today is the 15th of december 2015 the tech was suppose to install my landline yesterday after i received an sms stating it was an all day appointment, he never showed and then the techie had the audacity to blame it on my phone that was busy, also after i received an sms stating that i should just sms @yes and then the appointment would be set, again today i have taken unpaid leave for the 2nd time, i have been on the telkom chat for half the day talking to Clint, and Terese.

eventually a manager phoned me asking me to be at home tomorrow and they definitely will come and do it, they exppect me to take a 3rd day of unpaid leave for a supposed mix up, i say bs to that, why did he not show up for the appointment? What is the meaning of an appointment these days.

it is such a bad state of affairs if your country has only 1 fixd line provider, you almost have to beg them for a landline.

such bs

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 Contributors