Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

New ADSL product

I ordered a new ADSL product to be installed at our new home a couple of weeks ago. 

At first, Telkom was extremely quick and even mailed me my Telkom LIT box and Wi-Fi range extender and tried to install the product even before we moved in, but now after rescheduling I can't seem to get in touch with Telkom to enquire why they didn't pitch for the scheduled installation.

I've already called about R 150 worth of airtime waiting in the queue on 10213, so I don't know what to do. 

I actually think I want to cancel the product, since I can rather ask another ISP who would respond and let me know what is happening.

I haven't received any communication from Telkom about the new product (I didn't even complete any forms, which seemed quite weird).

Could anyone please assist, so I could either cancel the new product or have it installed ASAP?

Order number: 186887606

Super Contributor

Re: New ADSL product

Hi @rudivanbiljon,

The community can't help with sales service, but you could check your order progress online  https://apps.telkom.co.za/eportal/Public/myOrders,

Or if no joy there  try posting your order & details on one of the social media channels - you can tweet Telkom via @TelkomZA or post on the TelkomZA Facebook page.  Telkom has a dedicated digital team working to assist 

Hope this helps. 

Established Member

I called again, another R 50 airtime down the drain. Emailed them, tried social media, now just waiting for a response

Super Contributor

Hi @rudivanbiljon,

Thanks for update - the social media support teams usually respond well so hopefully you'll hear soon.  Several factors can cause delays ; infrastucture, available exchange ports , etc -  but this lack of feedback's not acceptable.  

You said your  hardware was delivered without signing a contract, so meanwhile it might be worth checking your ADSL line order is registered 'in progress' on the order tracking faciity. (  I discovered my speed upgrade order had been 'cancelled' in Telkom system last year -10213 didn't know why but the second order worked).

Hope you get a decent update soon.

Established Member

Status update.. 

Probably spent more than R 250 now being on the line with Telkom.

They promised it will be installed (twice), but the technician missed the appointments AGAIN. 

It has been escalated twice, got a reference number 1075004 (no idea what I can do with it though).

Social team responded and said the technicians will be in touch with me, but still nothing. 

Wasted more than R 1000 on mobile data needed at home, since I can't get Telkom to install the ADSL product.

So at this moment, I guess I'd want the product cancelled, or upgraded to 20MBs free of charge and have it FINALLY installed, but the community probably can't assist with this.

Really getting frustrated and feeling helpless.

I have the same Issue, waiting two months now, No feedback, nothing. When-ever I phone there is no manager to speak can't even track the order on the website as it doesnt excist even though i placed the order two month ago, WORSTE serivce ever. I have also thrown about R300 woth of airtime down the drain. Till this day I am still waiting for feedback.

Super Contributor

Hi @Ford1234 , @rudivanbiljon,

The community isn’t manned by Telkom sales or service agents - we’re customers like you with no other link or association with Telkom.
Understand how frustrating the issues can be (been there), but the best we can do from the forum is direct you to the relevant service channels.

I gather cancellation has been known to cause more complications , so before you give up it might be worth  posting the order ref & details on a Telkom social media channel , they attend quickly and/or will at least give you feedback.

Facebook: TelkomZA
Twitter:   @telkomza

-  and email the same to   support@telkom.co.za 

Hope this helps.

I applied for an new adsl product and applied for it online , but they got my address wrong and technician appointments was yesterday and had said fixed my address but havent recieved any call with regards to the technician appointment. My order number is 194046368 and the address is Melville , 1st avenue house 32.  May I please get some assistance? 

hi !

I applied for a new adsl over the phone and they got the address for the techicians to come to the house which was suppose to be yesterday. The then told me that they fixed the address but i have not heard from the telkom today with regards to the technician coming the house. my order number is 194046368 and the correct address is Johannesburg Melville , 1st avenue house 32 and my contact details is 0714011375.

Telkom service sucks. Placed an order to upgrade to unlimited home package on 7 May 2018

ref 243372027A. no internet to date. ibcident ref of 3217651 given on 7 June2018. still no internet.

Nwe reference 243371625A given on 13 June 2018 incident ref 3236840.  still no internet.

Tin number 3298621  given. username and password not available. Still no internet.

What a waste of time and inconvenience.

About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 Contributors