Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New line and new customer yet not getting helped

Hi my mom ordered a ADSL line order 153603431it was going to be installed on the 19\12\2016 the technician comes to my house and tells us the line can't be installed because of a cableing problem there r no spares available and that he did sent it off to cableing to short out the problem n then they can install the line then a week after that I get a and with a new date for the 05\01\2017 then I did think this problem is solved yet when the tech did come out to install my line he told me that Calebing problem it's not yet solved why give someone a new installation date if the problem is not sorted out Telkom wtf
we need this line urgently Telkom can u please help n make sure this line gets installed b4because this is not my problem n my mom is still a new customer it's her first line this is unacceptable her you ppl r making a fool of us I did have to take of work n to wait for this tech n the line could not be installed this is unacceptable it feels like we've not wanted as clients because Telkom can't help to get this line installed this is a metter of urgency Telkom please help to get this line installed plz make the Calebing right n if there is maybe a number I can call for the Calebing them in port Elizabeth that I can talk to please give it to me plz help Telkom i don't know what to do
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: New line and new customer yet not getting helped

Hi @Abdul1922, thanks for joining us here in the Community. We cannot help with service issues here though. The site is for peer 2 peer support. I can just give you some background on the complexity involved. Each exchange/DSLAM only has a certain amount of ports available on a card. Each port serves a customer. From each port there is a pair of copper wires that is your telephone line. There are times when all ports on a card are full. Other times you may find that cabling is old or damaged and in this case it needs to be repaired or even replaced. This requires the pulling and jointing of new cable through ducting or via overhead poles from yard to yard. So you can see that the job can be quite complex.

Bear with us as we have a backlog of faults and installations putting pressure on our tech resources. We will have you connected soon.

output_Svao80.gif

I've got the same problem. Ordered a line last week, technician came out. Shrugged her shoulders and said there is no spare.

I've been on hold at the call centre for 102 minutes, each person giving me a different story.

Then I am told i must just wait. (Quick to tell me i have to pay) 

I REALLY think Telkom needs some massive comptetition

I've got the same problem. Ordered a line last week, technician came out. Shrugged her shoulders and said there is no spare.

I've been on hold at the call centre for 102 minutes, each person giving me a different story.

Then I am told i must just wait. (Quick to tell me i have to pay) 

I REALLY think Telkom needs some massive comptetition.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors