Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
zi

New lines R700 deposit

Hi, Ive completed a form for a new line 4mbps adsl connection via the telkom sales call centre. The agent has advised i should pay a R700 deposit due to my credit rating, However my credit rating is decent Though. I have agreed in any case as i want the internet deal. The question is she advised the R700 deposit is refundable by telkom in the future should i decide to cancel my ADSL connection, Ive opted for the February hot adsl deal for a month-month option including a landline for a total monthly cost of R616. I would please like to know if this R700 is refundable as the agent advised or if it is compulsary, Telkom is requesting payment within 7 days before installation. Please inform or advise

Moderator Moderator

Re: New lines R700 deposit

Hi @zi,  I have confirmed that this is correct. The R700 is refundable when a customer closes/cancels account – provided that all their payments were made timeously throughout the duration of the contract.

output_Svao80.gif

Hello Telkom! I went to your store at Stadium on Main in Claremont a few weeks ago to open a new account with you. I paid the R700 deposit while I was there with my credit card. However, I have now received an email and an SMS stating "Dear Customer, to enable us to proceed with your service installation, a deposit of R700.00 is required to be paid within 7 days". I've already paid this though, so what's the next step? Please help. Thanks.

I cancelled my telkom line last year. We have still not got our deposit back and now received an invoice saying you are going to write it off as "unclaimed". Please can you let me know how I can get the money owed to me? 

Good day, i paid R700 a while ago and Telkom confirmed that they don't have infrascruture in my area. i have been calling every day for my deposit, this is irritating guys please i need my money back

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 Contributors