Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

No Adsl in Grassy park since the 21 January 2016

Any idea what the issue is with Adsl in Grassy park? I've had no DSL synch since the 21st January 2016.

Last message from Telkom on the 25th January states (see below ) and the call centre cannot provide any relevant updates.

Dear Customer, This is a progress update from Telkom SA. Fault 509CWK210116 for Service ID 0217052132. Your fault is in hand with our technical repair division. Please do not reply to this SMS. Telkom
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: No Adsl in Grassy park since the 21 January 2016

Hi

Use your Fault 509CWK210116  to get a staus update

https://secureapp.telkom.co.za/assurance/public/queryafault

here I did it for u

Track a Fault

Required fields

• Enter Fault Reference Number
  •     e.g. 1ZEV180711

Current status for Fault 509CWK210116 :

Open  

Progress

Comment   Date/Time

Following message sent to xxxxxxx525: Dear Customer, This is a progress update from Telkom SA. Fault 509CWK210116 for Service ID xxxxxxx132. Your fault is in hand with our technical repair division. Please do not reply to this SMS. TelkomMon Jan 25 16:02:21 SAST 2016
Following message sent to xxxxxxx525: Dear Customer, Fault 509CWK210116 has been created for Service ID xxxxxxx132 Telkom will endeavor to resolve the problem ASAP. Please do not reply to this SMSThu Jan 21 16:38:50 SAST 2016

Regards

UncaPaul

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: No Adsl in Grassy park since the 21 January 2016

Hi

Just an addendum to my post

I have no idea where grassy park is as i write this but is your phone not working too?

If that is the case then someone may have voopsed your lines.

As technical people we must act like the CIA to find out things you may not tell us.

Please be specific as to exactly what else you may find relevant to mention.

To Illustrate:

A Friend of mine runs an internationally Known StockMarket Program and one day an Irate Customer phoned to tell them (Helpdesk) that their program was crap, support was crap etc. He could not download the latest share prices from their server, all he got was errors.

"I want to speak to the Head Honcho" said he.

Now Adrian is one of the most Laidback guys I know

"Okay" said Aids lets see if your modem(dialup in those days) is connected "yes yes yes" where the answers.

"Its plugged in to the computer and the wall"

"Do you have Dial Tone?" asked Aids

"Yes, and that's another thing" said he " You and bloody Telkom are both useless, Iv'e been in this new House for 2 weeks, and they have yet to come and install my FFFing telephone!!!!!!!"

Then the penny dropped and he realised his mistake, and promptly put the phone down!

Adrian called his secretary told her to make a call later on to the client and ask for the software to be returned and a refund would be made

as he didn't have the brains to use it!

Now that little episode I luv to relate as it just shows (me included) that we sometimes go off the handle, when we may have not explained clearly what we mean or want, or we are been just doff! And Iv'e done that many times myself!

Regards

UncaPaul

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 Contributors