Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: No internet connection around 20:00 everyday

Re the area: I am certain we are not alone with this because often on our local community Facebook someone will pipe up that their Internet went dead. It has been less and less lately because people have kinda thrown the towell in, but is is consistent in that they are Telkom ADSL subscribers (as in Telkom ADSL accounts and lines) and sometimes the reports on our group comes in and I am then fine.

I have a fault open and will update if I get anything concrete from the tech when he responds.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

@Quintinza please update your profile with your ADSL number. WIll direct it to our technical section to look into.

Highlighted
Established Member

Hi @NC

Thanks will do. A tech did call me and asked that I be patient with this until the 1st, they have a theory to test. I am happy to be the guinea pig if this helps them identify a possible bigger fault.

As luck would have it the last two days the Internet did not die at 8pm as usual. This is the first time in a while that the Internet has worked 2nights in a row without interruption.

It's usually knit-one-skip-one.

Highlighted

I live in the Helderberg area and had this problem for a few days in January and then for two weeks in April. I was told it was a network fault, but it hasn't happened again since 16 April.

Highlighted
Established Member

Hi @NC

The problem has re-occured since Thursday Last week, I have called Telkom again to discuss but according to the agent on the phone the last contact I had was in January, there is no ticket number for April when I reported the issue.

I guess it is time to escalate. The issue has just popped up at 7pm - 7:15pm, and I guess I will be offline again after 8pm.

Previous Ticket number that tech could not find: 612cwk260416

Current ticket number: 598cwk110516

Thanks man.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Quintinza, I can say that your fault is already been handed to a technician, but there is high workload in the area.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I would try to narrow this down. When you lose your Internet does a neighbour also lose theirs at the same time?

You and your neighbour will most probably be connected to the same MSAN box.

If they don't lose theirs, do you still have landline service when you lose the Internet?

If so, can you hear loud noises or crackling in the landline phone handset?

You may have something switching on which is causing the modem to lose sync and drop offline

Highlighted

Hi, was this issue resolved?

I am experiencing the exact same problem with my 2MB uncapped line in the Meyerspark area. Ping ,tracert to sites work but I cannot browse the Internet at all. Tested differnet routers and machines, always the same problem. During the day the line is fine with latency anything between 28-30ms. Just at 7pm is goes to 50ms and stuck at 50ms, have logged a call with Telkom, but according to them there is no fault with my line?  

Highlighted

Hi yes, it is resolved. Since the beginning of this month it hasn't happend
again.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi did they fix the problem at your home or was the problem with Telkom's equipment please?

@DylanA wrote:
Hi yes, it is resolved. Since the beginning of this month it hasn't happend
again.

About This Post
  • 23 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 11 Contributors