Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

No internet light on huwaei modem

Hi all,

I have not been able to access the internet since the 20 December, telkom indicate that

they tested the connection and everything is fine, however

I have not been able to get this light to go green.

any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

New Contributor

Re: No internet light on huwaei modem

Hello @Pauldurbs

If it’s a Telkom DSL modem on a new contract or upgrade, try calling 10210 again , do a router reset & ask the support agent to confirm the router’s correctly configured & verified. Also tell them your device model, as a new contract or upgrade may have been activated but awaiting update in their system - and/or your Telkom password might be changed.

Hope you get the green light soon, good luck .

Thank you, after eventually getting telkom on the phone again it turned out that the password

had changed after upgrading.

New Contributor

Hi @Pauldurbs,

Glad you got it sorted!

I had similar issues after upgrade, seems to take a while to sync upgrade records between Telkom departments.  

Absolutely I went between departments a few times and actually
mentioned that in my comments when I was requested
to rate the service.

Thanks again

No internet light on huwaei modem and Phone not working

Hi all,

Please assist me my phone & moderm is not working (Please check phone line) reported the matter on the 06/12/2017, called a consultant on Friday and he said on his report the fault had been resolved on the 02/01/2018, he told me to restart the moderm and the phone but still it is not working.

Kindly assist

Thanks 

New Contributor

Re: No internet light on huwaei modem and Phone not working

Hi @Mthokozisi,

Unfortunately the community is not a service channel so we can't help with issues such as  line faults. 

Telkom's support options will help you   : -  

Option 1: Search the Knowledge base and ask the Community

Telkom has created this community where our customers can talk to each other, help one another solve problems, ask questions and share advice that has worked for them. This is not a service channel, but rather a Peer 2 Peer support channel where customers help each other. We won't be answering service related questions here in the Community. Rather we will direct you to one of our other service channels.

What the Community is for:

• Finding solution to common problems that others have already solved.
  • Crowdsourcing to find an answer to your problem or question.
  • Technical advise.

What the Community is not for:

• Service related issues (examples: finding progress on a fault, reporting a fault or querying your bill). 
  • Sales requests

Option 2: Make use of our Self Help Tools

In the digital age we have a lot of convenient tools to make your life easier when dealing with Telkom.  We also have many FAQ's and troubleshooting tools to assist you with a problem. Should you wish to report your problem, then we have the tools for that.

Visit our website here where you will find a collection of our Self Help tools.

Option 3: Speak to us

Should you wish to speak to Telkom, we have a few option to suit your needs:

• Log and Track a Fault online
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
  • Download our App: 

Good day,

No internet light on Huawei LTE CPE B315 modem and Unable to connect to Fixed wireless phone.

Please help as I am frustrated with the agents whom does not know how to resolve this issues?

New Contributor

Hello @lillas26,

If on a new contract perhaps your sim isn't activated yet - if it's already rica'd and activated try visiting a shop, they'll  check the sim and exchange it for you if faulty. 

I have been battling to get Telkom to firstly stop buffering for more than a month.

when i fianlly get them to look at the problem , i end up with no internet at all.

I all them telephonically at least every 3'rd day or via the telkom chat and the problem continues .

Is changing over to wireless a better alternative ?

as all our telkom feed in my road is through one fibre optic cable , i am very scheptical that i am being provided with the bandwidth personally and am under the impression that this is a shared line.

anyone have information ?

About This Post
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 Contributors