Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

No internet unless "Automatically detect settings" is off

Having a rather peculiar problem with my ADSL line. This morning, I try get to google.co.za and am greeted with a page that says I do not have internet. I am however able to ping 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 from Command Prompt, no sites will load though. Figure maybe the router needs a restart or my line is down. Reboot the router, issue still persists. I connect multiple phones to the WiFi and all of them can access the internet but no PCs can access the internet via the WiFi or with an Ethernet cable.

Mid way through my 13 minute call with Telkom (which was never attended to due to "high call volumes"), I decide to try check my internet options on my machine. The moment I untick "Automatically detect settings" under the Connections > LAN settings option, my internet suddenly works perfect. My issue now is that firstly I have to untick this setting on every machine that connects to the wireless (which I didn't have to before) and I cannot access some servers (mostly game servers like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive or DOTA 2 - which again used to work perfectly before).

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Highlighted

Re: No internet unless "Automatically detect settings" is off

Have same problem IT friend said only way to fix is calling Tech Support and check the Exchage and to Reset the Port

But i have calling since yesterday morning and everytime someone picks up it goes to a voicmail box but i can hear them speaking in background
Highlighted

I'm sitting with the exact same problem in every way that you have put it! My steam account can also open but it wont do much more ...have you found a solution??

First I thought I got hacked! Then maybe a virus ...After formatting each pc in the house and starting of fresh the problem is still there!!!

Highlighted
Established Member

A port re-create seems to have fixed the problem for me. After phoning Telkom and doing the port re-create, I connected my father's laptop to the WiFi (which is provided by our ADSL router) and I didn't have to change any settings or give it a static IP address - running fine.

I would try doing a port re-create first and then log a fault if there is still an issue.

Highlighted
Established Member

Try call 0800375375 from any phone

Highlighted

I want to appreciate you for this Post. Thanks for sharing it to Apna tv.

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 Contributors