Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

No proper internet connection since Mid-December

Hi all

Can someone who knows what they're talking about please assist me in finding a solution to my ongoing internet problems. I've been experiencing intermittent internet problems since mid-December and Telkom can't seem to tell me what the issue is. I started losing connection with my router taking forever to sync to the exchange, if at all. When it did connect, the speed was ridiculously slow and would not last very long and would be disconnected soon after. I've had a technician come to my house, fiddle a little and tell me to replace my router. After replacing the router, problems still persist. After doing various speed and ping tests, speed and ping are very slow. I have also tried doing a 'tracert', but the request keep timing out. According to Telkom who I have called several times and have a notepad full of different reference numbers, it might be an issue with the exchange...something about congestion. Well if that is the problem why has it taken this long to fix now...I feel like I am paying for a service I am not even able to fully utilise...what kills me is that after speaking to a call centre person you and being assured your problem is of the utmost importance, you get redirected to a survey which asks on a scale of 1 to 10, would you recommend Telkom to anyone...laughable.

Please help guys...I am losing my mind here and my money clearly

I have attached one of my speedtest for refence.test 1.jpgtest.jpg

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: No proper internet connection since Mid-December

@ChezD That is slow, you sure you not capped/throttled? Otherwise, make sure you also checked and swopped your POTS filter. Next, you need to keep logging the fault so that they eventually repair the fault (needle in a hay stack). You could request to be moved to a different exchange.

Highlighted

@thesuspect, I've spoken to my ISP and I am definitely uncapped. The problems still persist even on weekend when shaping and throttling don't take place. Did not know I could ask to be moved to a different exchange, will ask them to do that when I do my daily call to Telkom....I'm pretty sure they all know me there by now...

thanx for the reply buddy

Highlighted

Hi - it most def sounds like an ISP problem- best way to get/prove is ti get  a different isp account from a buddy, reprogram you router with that and do speedtest. That how I found out my isp throttle me aon that specific times.

Highlighted

Hi Ammie

I have tested using a different ISP account...used the TelkomGuest one and still nothing better...Apparently I need to be moved to a different exchange as the one I am currently on is congested.

Thanx alot for your reply...

Highlighted

Hi all,

Just a quick update...I am still waiting to hear from Telkom's technical team as to whether I can be moved to a different exchange. Fault has been escalated...again

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors