Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

No service, no feedback, no progress, just lies and faults just closed

Good day all,

I cannot recall ever being so frustrated as I am at the moment.  On 6 December, my ADSL line died - no throughput.  Telkom, at the time said just to wait it will be resolved.  By 10 December I decided to formally log a fault as it was not resolved (186ctk101215).  No luck in trying get feedback from the call centre - they just don't know the progress.  On 17 December I get a SMS to say the fault has been resolved - it was not resolved!  A second SMS asks me if I am happy that the fault is resolved - I responded "No".  No further action from Telkom. 

After failing to reopen the first call, I logged a 2nd call (150ctk221215).    Again, ZERO luck in getting any feedback from telkom.  No technician at my house.  No technician at the Exchange (it's just around the corner form my house).  No update from telkom.  No info available on the fault tracking page on the web site.  No information available when calling the help line.  All the call centre staff say is: "it's being worked on".  No indication of the problem, technician, activities, time estimate - nothing!  When I ask about the last update on the fault, their default response is: "it has been updated today".  Refuse to say what the update is or who updated it.  My conclusion - call centre staff lie about progress.  Nothing is being done to these calls and they just say they don't know or "its been updated today".  One guy even told me to hold the line and left me on hold over an hour - I have a screenshot of my phone.  It was around 17h00 so he probably just put me on hold and went home.

It has been "escalated" I don't know how many times.  The last reference number I have is 8022422.  I don't even know what it means if it was escalated - I received no update / feedback from any technician or support supervisor.

Today is now exactly a month without service, without feedback, no progress, only lies and frustration.

It's a technical fault on the line.  I already tested with another ISP and other routers.

My query to you is:  what must I do with Telkom to get a response and a solution?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: No service, no feedback, no progress, just lies and faults just closed

As this is not a service channel, we cannot help with Service related queries. See this post for our channels - How To Get Help

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due! 

Highlighted

Typical response, not helping at all.

Why bother if you are not going to help solve anything?

No advice, justlip service.

Do you get paid for doing this?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JacobZ The Community is a Peer 2 Peer support forum, and as such, Telkom is not manning it with Service agents. It is for our customers to discuss and help each other.

Please see these posts for a better understanding 

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due! 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@JacobZ I have been where you are so I can understand your frustration.

But if dont do the right things - follow the right service channels - you will just increase your frustration.

Do as suggested by @CO and you will get somewhere. Snippet of the alternative service and escalation channels for your ease of reference below:

Facebook: TelkomZA

• Twitter:   @HelloTelkom
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 181180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10120 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email Telkom
  • Find a Store
Highlighted
New Contributor

@christoff83

Has your problem been solved if so how did you get it done.

This is exactly what I went through from the 10 Dec 2015 till the 7 jan 2016 untill I used my own contact, the fault was fixed in 45min.

I endeavor to assist in application of Computer technology where ever I can assist.
Highlighted

rubbish moderator listen to yourself what do most people come here for looking for help when there is an isseus telkom becomes faceless adn you wonder why people get so irratated with robot like answers you give out 

my LTE ROUTER  AGAIN LESS THAN 2MBS TOTTAL DAY LIGHT ROBBERY I KEEP PAYING AND YOU KEEP TAKING TAKING TAKING AND NOT PROVIDING 

PAY BACK DA MONEY PAY BACK DA MONEY !!

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 Contributors