Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not getting anything close to what I paid for, for 4 years.

Do I have to pay for 2 meg if I'm getting 1meg for the past 4 years?

It's Just a question, because I don't think that's fair.

I would love 10meg, but hey crappy area etc.

Can I get a refund of 48 months of 1meg internet? that should be around R12000, spent on nothing.

Thanks.

Untitled-1.jpgUntitlead-1.jpg

Re: Not getting anything close to what I paid for, for 4 years.

Choosing the right ISP can be tricky. Price alone should not be the determining factor. For an example: No matter how cheap a mobile operator can be, it would be useless for one to choose them if their coverage in their area is very poor and another "pricy" operator gives you good coverage.

When it comes to fixed broadband, we have  to thank God for month-to-month contracts, as you can hop from one ISP to another in search of one with a reasonable contention ratio and a connection worth what you are paying them.

The sad thing about all of this is that for a moment in 2015, I was getting 2meg and as soon as I jumped and took sail for Mweb I was pushed down to 1.5. So I cam back, I thought maybe Telkom were being dicks because I left them and now it's 1meg. I mean seriously now, no matter what ISP I choose it all goes through Telkom anyway, Unless I move to Neotel, which seems like the only option for most people in my situation.

I live in a really bad area, but 2meg is supported...so why not give it to me? Why charge me for 2 meg and give me 1. Why say, you can get it and then not give it to me? Why give me 2 meg in the beginning and then take 0.5meg off of me when I move to Mweb? Telkom piss off please. I can't beleieve I'm even getting 2meg...is this 1923?

I understand your frustration. I can't even get FTTP. The highest in my area is 10mbps.

Going to Neotel also depends on whether or not they have coverage in your area and what their fastest speed.
Frequent Contributor

All i can say is that out of frustration great things are born.  I realise that this might not be what you want to hear right now, but I would love to check what you think you can do to change the situation?  At the beginning of this year I stood at a very difficult point having been without a phone or internet for a week.  After doing all the screaming and shouting I could, I decided that I wanted to be part of the solution, and not just sitting there complaining about the problem.  My immediate problem got solved, but I remain committed and ever since I have been on this forum trying to help where I CAN.  I have similar issues in that I can't get FTTH in my area, and my ADSL line is like a indicator light - on - off - on - off...  but I realise Telkom has this massive challenge, and we all need to work together to address it.  Sure even Telkom might not always appreciate the help we want to offer, but if we stand together on certain points they will have no choice but to listen!!

My first objective is therefore to assist here, to build up the community to a point of strength and to use this community to influence HOW they serve us as customers?  Anyone else that is game?

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Occasional Contributor

Hi JadeHendricks

You're using a Billion from what I see and you are been interleaved

Read my ASSIA post and then:

Send my email Form found elsewhere on the forum.

But Your Line Attenuation is K A K !!!

20dB and below is outstanding
20dB-30dB is excellent
30dB-40dB is very good
40dB-50dB is good
50dB-60dB is poor and may experience connectivity issues
60dB or above is bad and will experience connectivity issues

So you must be far from the exchange. ADSL works at max 18000 feet from a DSLAM (u work out meters)

I'm having this:

ADSL
Parameters
 DownstreamUpstream
SNR Margin13.5 dB8.0 dB
Line Attenuation26.5 dB16.5 dB
CRC Errors00
LatencyUnknownUnknown

Regards

UncaPaul

About This Post
  • 5 replies