Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Online order

Hi.

I have ordered a home adsl line online about two weeks ago. I recieved a call from Telkom the same day to confirm whether I did indeed order the line and was told that I would recieve a call later to complete the application. I also recieved a confirmation email that a consultant would contact me within 48 Hours.  This call never came. Last week I ordered the same line again. Again I recieved a comfirmation email that a consultant would phone me. This time the consultant did actually phone me and completed the entire application with me over the phone, at which time I was told that no order appeared on my ID number from the previous order placed. The call ended with a promise that I would recieve an sms with the order number, and once that is recieved it will take 7-10 working days for the line to be installed. I was also told that the call's recording serves as a verbal contract.  Now, a week later, I have still not recieved any sms's, I cannot get hold of anyone and the Telkom Drect shop is telling me there is nothing on my ID number yet.

Can anyone tell me how exactly this process works? It feels kind of rediculous to have to wait two weeks just for feedback. If it takes that long just to get feedback, how long am I going to wait for the actual line?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Online order

Without an order number you're SOL unfortunately. I would go to a Telkom shop

If you had the order number, you can follow up with sales on 10213

Highlighted

Thanks, I gathered as much. It still sucks that the online application doesn't work. What's the point in having an online shop if everybody eventually needs to go to the shop in anyway? Online is supposed to make your life easier, not send you on a wild goose chase.... right? The closest shop to me closes at six which means I have to now wait till the weekend to apply, more time wasted.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yes I agree.

Maybe when there you can ask why your online ordering is failing?

Then please report back to the rest of us.

Highlighted

Good day Telkom Team,

My online application has been approved but when I received the goods today its not what I purchased I applied for, i applied for an for a Samsung Galaxy A20 and one of your consultants offered the router with my request which i accepted today when I received my order it was just the portable WiFi route came.

no emails saying that the order has beeen declined no phone calls absolutely nothing I just received a message saying that this is your reference number and you can track your order etc.

kindly advise as to what is going on.

Alicia 
About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors