Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Outage in the Roodekrans area

[ Edited ]

So I had no internet connection since the 29th October. After a massive debate with numerous Telkom consultants I have been notified that there is outage that is currently occuring in that area.

I want to know if that is true and if there are other users on this forum which is also being affected by the internet outage in the Roodekans area?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Outage in the Roodekrans area

@Necr1s, it is possible although it would have to be very localised... I am in Krugersdorp next to you and we are working ok.  Unless this relates to a specific exchange related outage?  I normally check with my ISP (not Telkom) and they are not aware of any such outages in Gauteng 

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Highlighted
Established Member

I think this relates to a specific exchange related outage -  I really hope they fix it ASAP. I am with TELKOM and they said there are places currently suffering due to outages, but can it really take a week to fix? 

Highlighted
Established Member

I think this relates to a specific exchange related outage -  I really hope they fix it ASAP. I am with TELKOM and they said there are places currently suffering due to outages, but can it really take a week to fix? 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Necr1s it can take much much longer than that.  It all depends on what might be wrong.  Let's say for example there was a fire - that could take down a fair part of an exchange and it could take days to get new equipment.  It would be simpler if Telkom actually shared what the problems might be so that it is simpler to understand what is a reasonable ETA or wait time ....

Any ideas about Roodekrans exchange @NC?

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Necr1s 

Could you PM you line number. I'll ask a contact to look into it for you.

@j0766 good example with the fire. Another one, could be cable damage/theft. There's a possibility that Telkom could be waiting on materials from their supplier.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @TWL - passed on @Necr1s details to you in PM.  It would be good to get feedback on here as to what the actual reason was why there seems to be a line outage in the AREA.   This is the type of information that would be good for Telkom to share - the more you share proactively the less we have to battle to find out and distract the resource that could be working on fixing the problem !

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 Contributors