Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PING/LATENCY

Good day

can someone please assist me, i  have been trying to work through your call centre. And have now tried to explain to someone 2 agents that my ADSL line has been giving me issues now for 2 week, not on speed or downtime. but i have been having Latency issues. my line always gave me 14-16MS ping on local content. now im getting 40MS. on international i was getting 190MS now im getting over 300MS.

something has changed. and another PORT reset will from your call centre is not the answer. who can i  talk to to assist me with this issue?

as something has to have changed. and it is not an ISP issue as i have tried 3 diffirent ISP providers and it gives me same result on all of them.

thank you in advance

Frikkie Le Roux

Highlighted

Re: PING/LATENCY

Hello,

I am experiencing the exact same issue in Umhlanga, KZN. Plus my parents-in-law are experiencing same in Hillcrest, KZN.

Pings are consistently longer than 3000+ ms.

I also tried three different ISPs (Telkom, Axxess and VoX) and all have the same issue.

I find that if I close the PPPoE session on the router, and then open it again, then everything works really well with <40ms ping time, for about 5 to 10 minutes. And then it gets crazy again.

I have also posted a topic to this forum regarding this.

Regards

Simon

2018 and i have the same problem with telkom .. when i mail then it gets resolved in 1 to 2 days but then some days past and it changes back to around 47ms local.. ive noted they have 3 profiles (been with telkom more than 4 years+ ) the one is 46/47ms the other is 30ms and the 3rd 15/16ms . wish telkom could make a permanet change for online gamers { as if ...... } #feddupwithtelkomadslinternationalping.

2018 and i have the same problem with telkom .. when i mail then it gets resolved in 1 to 2 days but then some days past and it changes back to around 47ms local.. ive noted they have 3 profiles (been with telkom more than 4 years+ ) the one is 46/47ms the other is 30ms and the 3rd 15/16ms . wish telkom could make a permanet change for online gamers { as if ...... } #feddupwithtelkomadslinternationalping.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors