Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Phone line stone dead

Can a technician please check my line at flat 303, 50 Stiemens Flats, 50 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein. I've reported it dead numerous times after moving from my former flat in Yeoville (phone number 0116483233), but the line remains dead and I now have limited internet access via other means. I don't know the new landline number, so I can't report it via Telkom's online fault reporting. If it can't be fixed very soon, I may be forced to find other means of connecting to the internet than via Telkom ADSL. Telkom's service this time round has been extremely poor, but I still hope you can restore my faith in your reliability.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Phone line stone dead

@gsta this is the wrong forum to address Telkom. Try the following:

• Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 181180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10120 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store

Re: Phone line stone dead

Someone asked if I got the answer I wanted. No, I didn't, because the answer would have been to install my landline with ADSL capability. But yes also, because the referral to the Chat to an Agent facility was most helpful. The replies are quick and clear and the person on the other end told me a technician would visit my flat on Thursday, December 24, to address the problem. I shall hold Telkom to their word and hope there will be no further disappointments after this. If so, then I can highly recommend the Chat to an Agent service, but you must be able to type an answer to their questions quickly or you will be cut off.

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 Contributors