Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Please help(ADSL not installed yet) - DEPOSIT REFUND

Hi community

3  weeks ago I signed up for uncapped ADSL 10mbps.

I received an SMS to pay the R700 deposit, this was paid on 12 Aug.

My ADSL supposed to be installed today, 19 Aug. The technician advised that they are unable to go ahead with the installation as there are no cables in the area due to cable theft and Telkom is not going to install cables in the area again.

I was given alternative optons but decided not to go ahead with other packages. I called in to cancel my order and was advised to contact billings department to log a dispute in order to get my deposit refunded to me. The agent advised that she was unable to log the dispute as I have not yet received any statements from Telkom( cancelled due to no installtion, no active service with telkom). She asked me to forward a copy of my ID and bank statement and she will forward it to her supervisor and he will forward all my details to back office. She mentioned that back office will call me to confirm all my details and release my deposit and this will all be within 7 working days.

Has anybody had the same experience where they needed to cancel their order before installation and received their deposit back?

Highlighted

Re: Please help(ADSL not installed yet) - DEPOSIT REFUND

Telkom has still not refunded my monies. I keep receiving the same text to say that my refund is being attended to. I have contacted ICASA. It's been 14 working days already
Highlighted
Established Member

Hi Michael 

How do you go about reporting telkom to ICASA?

Highlighted

Google their website, there should be a complaints email. They respond almost immediately. I already received a reference number from ICASA...
About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 Contributors