Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem receiving emails

Who else is having a problem receiving emails on Telkomsa.net email addresses? I receive some but not all emails (eg can’t receive emails from iCloud email addresses, missing some One Time Pin emails and who knows what else). Every time I log a fault Telkom just closes the fault because they say it’s a server problem and the technicians are working on it. This has been ongoing for months and it’s impossible to get a progress updated or estimated time for repair. In fact Based on the number of complaints on this community page about the pathetic Telkom service I doubt they’re even working on the problem at all. I am at my wits end. What escalation options do I have it any at all???
Established Member

Re: Problem receiving emails

I am having the same problem had it last week as well

ACB
Established Member

We have the same problem on both our telkom mailboxes since yesterday morning. Last night two email came in on one of the accounts for I can send but no incoming email. I phoned and was told they are aware of the problem and working on it but could not supply any other technical or time-frame information - pretty useless. Is there a social media page where telkom keeps us informed of problems and progress in fixing it? What a waste of our time. 

mwk

I am having the same problem .... intermittend incoming mail on telkomsa.net ... missing mails for a few days now.  Reported it to Telkom via Chat facility, however they are not being kept up to date by technical staff.  All I weas told, is that they know about the problem, it affects the incoming mail only, but no further details or when it will be fixed.

This is very disurbing because it seems that a whole lot of mail has gone missing.

Why is there no official acknowledgement from Telkom of this problem and how users should manage this in the interim ... very poor !!

Hi Guys,

Really battling to get some sort of joy from Telkom regarding receiving emails...inconsistent last week and again this week :-(

No mails received yesterday and today, no response when using social media, no info from them regarding why this is happening. Can't even use the webmail link because I receive an error "bad gateway"

How do we get Telkom's attention guys...I have tried social media with no response...I don't really think that they are interested :-(

Will seriously start looking at alternative email options, cannot keep relying on them...:-(

Two days without email, as well as four days last week.

At least 10 calls to 10210, and all I have are a couple of reference numbers.

The worst part is that people sending email to me don't recieve a bounce-back error message, so they have no idea that I'm not receiving.

I've just spoken with someone who sounded fairly knowledgeable - said the four day problem last week only affected some customers, the current problem is more severe - affecting their entire server database. In the last hour, they believe they have found the source os the problem and will resolve asap.

On the issue of no bounce-back notification - he explained that they still intend delivering the incoming emails, so have not sent a bounce-back message to senders. I suggested it would be preferable for a bounceback message to say there is a server delay and telkomsa will keep attempting to deliver. He agreed - I'm hoping this will be implemented for the next server outage (which, as things stand, is likely to happen again soon).

Is anyone on this forum prepared to offer concrete steps to transition our email accounts away from telkomsa.net?

My "ISP for life" is on really short terms now.

Highlighted

Two days without email, as well as four days last week.

At least 10 calls to 10210, and all I have are a couple of reference numbers.

The worst part is that people sending email to me don't recieve a bounce-back error message, so they have no idea that I'm not receiving.

I've just spoken with someone who sounded fairly knowledgeable - said the four day problem last week only affected some customers, the current problem is more severe - affecting their entire server database. In the last hour, they believe they have found the source of the problem and will resolve asap.

On the issue of no bounce-back notification - he explained that they still intend delivering the incoming emails, so have not sent a bounce-back message to senders. I suggested it would be preferable for a bounceback message to say there is a server delay and telkomsa will keep attempting to deliver. He agreed - I'm hoping this will be implemented for the next server outage (which, as things stand, is likely to happen again soon).

Is anyone prepared to offer concrete steps to transition our email accounts away from telkomsa.net?

My "ISP for life" is on really short terms now.

About This Post
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 Contributors