Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Struggling to cancel ADSL

I had ADSL at my old residence but due to moving to a new town that is a high cable theft area I converted my package to LTE-A. The request was sent to the ISP to put the line back into the holding pool for Telkom to take back, the ISP confirmed that they moved the line somewhere around 20/10/18. It also has to be noted that while the ISP was busy with the request I went onto the Telkom portal to cancel the account, a few days later Telkom responded that the line is still with the ISP, not sure if something happend there. When I call Telkom now 1/12/18 to get them to cancel everything they tell me that there is something blocking them, that I need to get the ISP to convert the line to a voice line but the thing is this ISP doesn't have anything to do with the line anymore. The ISP also told me that this process is suppose to take at least 48 hours, not weeks. When I go onto the Telkom portal again, on step 2 it says "Request aleady logged".

Any advise anyone can provide as I am paying for something that isn't in use.

Valued Contributor

Re: Struggling to cancel ADSL

Hi @Nico_L

Sorry to hear this - unfortunately can’t help much re service issues  - we’re customers in the forum.

I may be misunderstanding the details , but if your new LTE account is with a different ISP perhaps the Telkom contract can’t be cancelled until paid up to expiry date.

However,  if you cancelled the adsl contract on Telkom portal & received a ref number , call 10210 to log an accounts dispute ( early 8 am best)  and/or message an urgent complaint with your details & previous case refs to a Telkom media team for decent feedback & results. 

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

Hope this helps, good luck - please let us know what happens.

Re: Struggling to cancel ADSL

Hello @Kathy1

Thank you kindly for taking the time to respond with some insight.

I will do as you instructed.

Thx again

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 Contributors