Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TELKOM......MONOPOLY>>>>>synonymous

After weeks of "your problem is in hand and our technicians are looking into it" ...... ....when u manage a monopoly then u can spin your customers any story... collect their money.....fabricate responses ..... and practically do nothing because u the GODFATHER in telecomunications ..... You are Untouchable and customers are just there to line the pockets of your executives and shareholders.

SMS's From Telkom
31 May 2017 ------ Network area outage
7 June 2017 ------- Resolved

My reported Faults and responses/action

Max sync speed at 6.4 Mbps
5 May 2017 .........523CWK050517 (slow speed no landline)
5/6 May 2017 .......Technician calls and says i am receiving the acceptable minimum speed on of a 10 Mbps Line and i must call Telkom to have the Block removed from my line. OMG
6 May 2017 ........ SMS from Telkom (Service Restored) LIES
Rating ...... 0
7 May 2017........ Lady at call center fully restores my Service to 10.4 Mbps from her desktop ...Awesome service

Max sync speed at 6.4 Mbps and no landline
8 June 2017 .......946CWK080617 (slow speed no landline)
12 June 2017 .......Technician come to my house establish that internally everything is fine but i still have a block on my landline then perform some work on the outside pole and boom his gone.
12 June 2017 ....SMS from Telkom (Service Restored) LIES
Rating ...... 0 ..... Service worst than ever download sync now at 0.4 Mbps and no Landline still

14 June 2017 .......789CWK080617 (Open new fault for old problem)😵
14 June 2017 util now.....

- Various communications (Calls, online chats to agents, Face book messenger, etc) to Telkom on nearly a daily basis requesting some details regarding the timeframe for when my problem will be resolved)👎
Always the same story....... Its a cable problem and Technician looking into it (for 2 weeks)....... so actually nothing is being done if the system response remain the same.

FB Messenger response when i queried about payment of a service I'm not receiving .... Practical instantly😭
"Hi,account must be paid in full.When there is a fault ,once repaired clients are refunded for the fall down time Noahmaan .^Frank"

and this is only the abridged version of the full story .......
approximately R1800 for mobile data and calls to at least do the bare basics

Phase 2

No fiber or LTE in my area.

22 June 2017........ Submit service cancellation form to Holding Pool for my DSL Line and ISP to be moved to any other Service Provider .....................Shucks 21 days waiting period 😭😭
I just cant win. Telkom/Open Serve will still own my ADSL line 📶

29 June 2017..... call Afrihost and Axxiss to open a new service even if i have to pay Telkom (R800) for a non-existing service and the new service provider....I'm prepared to throw R800 away in order to get back online as I was busy setting up a new home based internet business when this started......... sorry they cant help me until TELKOM fix my DSL line....... 👿 Grrrrrrrrrr

Contact iBurst but they will only roll out there new commercial service on the 'Rain' network (just about make it on the edge of their coverage area) 1 September 2017.

Is my last resort now to move to some poor 3rd world country to receive a far superior internet service.

10Mbps ADSL.jpgOokla.jpg

See attached PC screenshots
Regular Contributor

Re: TELKOM......MONOPOLY>>>>>synonymous

Hello there,

Where you say "(slow speed no landline)"

My only contribution is that there is a pair of wires feeding your home's landline & DSL service. The landline needs both wires but DSL can survive on a single wire; albeit much slower than normal.

Your fault seems to show that one of the two wires feeding your home has become disconnected; cut or oxidised perhaps because or water ingress.

This cut could be anywhere from your home to the MSAN box.

However, the Telkom "tech" should be able to go to the intermediate points between you and the MSAN box and see where one of your wires in cut.

Failing that, they can use the second pair in your wire to deliver the service since the Telkom cable contains 4 wires.

Good luck!

Hi There

Thank you for your quite logical response which i would gladly try, unfortunately i  need to talk to a Telkom Technical Staff member who unfortunately behind call centre staff. 

I have mentioned the matter to the agent he said he will add it to the fault comments and he noted that i am trying to get hold of a technical person who can give me more definitive answers.

To my suprise, an official Telkom response was posted as a reply to my compaint on the HelloPeter website saying my line is testing fine and if there is anything else required from me..................................

This was my response

Thank you for the response at least your technical staff have doubled my speed to 896Kbps after all the testing and a months worth of work on a line that should be closer to 10Mbps (by the way that what im paying for) and you ask me through a third party application if im still experiencing any problems. The correct protocol would have been to get directly in touch with me ....... not via HelloPeter. Then i would have politely told you NO im not even getting 1Mbps @ 21.30 on 5 July 2017.
Not once since this whole debacle have one staff member had the guts to contact me directly in order to receive feedback directly from me on the so-called work that they completed. Why leave a message on HelloPeter....... if i have not by accident just came back here tonight i probably would not have seen your message.......further evidence of your atrocious service delivery.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CALL ME TO ESTABLISH IF IM SATISFIED BEFORE TRYING TO CLOSE OFF THIS TICKET.

PLEASE I BEG OF OF YOU TO HAVE MY SERVICE RESTORED ..... a service by the way that im paying for

Noahmaan

Yesterday only, i was informed that I may apply for an intergrated sim and use my DSL data while my service is down.  I rushed out got my intergrated sim bought a 3G USB dongle, R500 later, connected up ........ saw my integrated data activated on the sim .............. and then

on returning home later and seeing the response on HelloPeter i realised that I have no speed via my USB Dongle ...... only to see this morning that I dont have an intergrated sim any longer just a fixed line and mobile service with no more data on the mobile service.....Yesterday the Portal reflected Integrated Data.... Today ???????????????????

What the hell is going on.................. I have bad copper.......no fibre........not even RAIN (LTA-E).............. what must I do

Busy chatting to on-line chat...................

12:42:21 PMSinovuyo: Thank you Noahmaan, i see on my side that the problem is with cables, there are cables that need to be replaced, they have ordered the cables and they replace them as they arrive ,what i have done on my side is reporting the matter straight to our manager review so that they can speed up the process for you.i humbly apologise for the inconvenience.you can always check the progress of your fault using our self help options on www.telkom.co.za our self help options ,is there anything else you require assistance with?

Now what was that HeloPeter response all about

Now on top of it I just got kicked by the Telkom agent who since that message said due to no response his terminating the chat..... but he did say i do have sim service available and i should restart my device ..... 1min later he said i was inactive look at the time of this post

lol replacing cables and they ordered it...gl bruh those cables are fictional they don't exist . you prob gonna wait 5years - never gonna happen.

Now say its true and they did order the cables...pray to jesus that someone spitefull doesn't delete your ref nrs which has happended to maaaaaaaaaaaaaaany times.

gl I feel for you.

2017-07-11 (9).pnglatest online chat

Still getting the same old response....................................

Being ignored by online2017-07-11 (10).pngThank you Siya

Forced to cancel service with Telkom and now opting for LTE-A service with Chrytal Web.............waiting on my router tomorrow.

Telkom informed me that i must pay for my 30 day notice period for the non existing service to avoid penalty..........

Wow..................................

Keeping fingers crossed for my last month of ADSL............... use it for all my outstanding updates

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors