Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
RVZ

TI Entertainment Addon

There are so many people here complaining about this, I would've thought Telkom would know about these issues already.

I bought the TI Entertainment addon a couple of days ago on my fibre line.  It shows active on my account, but all streaming data is still going off my normal data cap, and the TI addon still shows 0 usage.  

I've spoken to so many people in different departments, and nobody seems to know what's going on.  Technical says it's a Sales issue, because the addon isn't correctly linked, and Sales says it's a technical issue.  And then you get agents who tells you it doesn't allow for unlimited streaming.  When I ask what the addon is for then, they tell you it's to stream Showmax etc, but you still pay for the data.  When asking if I can already stream Showmax (while using my cap), why I would buy the addon then, I normally just get disconnected.  This seems to be a very common practice, especially when using the online chat service.  As soon as someone doesn't know what to do, they just disconnect you.  And according to the agents, they don't have any phones in the offices that can make outbound calls.  

So if anyone considers buying this addon, rather cancel your Telkom account and get an uncapped account at a different ISP for cheaper.  Which is exactly what I'll be doing now.

Moderator Moderator

Re: TI Entertainment Addon

Hi @RVZ, I will get some more info on this. ShowMax was part of the Do Entertainment Bolt On for a promotional period until end of June 2016. It allowed the following  - 

24 hour uncapped experience on the following content servers: 
DSTV Box Office, DSTV Catchup (Old DSTV on Demand), DSTV Self Service / Online, DSTV Catchup / Online, Apple iTunes
SA Store and Apple iTunes Store and ShowMax* and Netflix*(*For a promotional period until 30 June 2016).
All data used on these servers will not be deducted from your in-bundle data.
Add-on package is valid for 30 days.
output_Svao80.gif
RVZ

[ Edited ]

Hi NC

Yes I saw that.  It doesn't mention anything for what would happen from July 2016.  I contacted the Telkom sales department to find out, they said it's still valid for Showmax, but instead of completely unlimited, it now has fair usage.  I took a screenshot of the online chat with the sales agent stating this in case you're insterested?

RVZ

[ Edited ]

I don't know why I still bother with Telkom.  I decided to give it another try before cancelling my account.  Contacted the sales department again and spoke to an agent.  Explained the whole story again and gave all my details.  She then said she'll have to escalate it.  I told her Prudence already escalated it more than 2 days ago already, and said it will be resolved in 24 to 48 hours.  It's been more than 48 hours already.  So she asks me to hold while she goes to investigate...  can anyone guess what happened then?  Yup, got disconnected...

So I start the online help chat immediately again, guess who comes online immediately... the same agent.  She came back very quickly from going off to investigate it seems.  And the assistance I got from her:  "I'll escalate it once more".  So now I wonder how many escalations it takes to solve a problem with Telkom.  They also refuse to give any reference to the escalations, and I can understand why now.

Btw, I assume these online chats are getting logged somewhere?  Is there nobody going through them who can see the incompentence of these departments?  

Hi RVZ

I have been calling all over and even Tweeted @Telkom for help on how this TI Entertainment works but still have no answer.

I also see our data draining away even though I am buying the addon.

I think its a poor show that we are paying for a service that NOBODY knows anything about or who even cares to try and assist us with.

Have you managed to come right yet?

I messaged on Facebook, I called and spoke to Sales/Technical and Billing, I Chatted, and no-one knew what I was talking about. Eventually 'GS' on Facebook activated this for me. Does it work? No. It says that the package delivers 24 hour uncapped Streaming on Netflix, Showmax etc. This is simply untrue, it is false  and misleading. You can not get help from anywhere because nobody understands how this works, what it is and how to activate it. I went in person to the Telkom store. The woman said people come in all day asking about products and services that Telkom advertises, but they never train the staff. She said they always ask for training, but they never get any. She said people come in and scream at them, but they don't know how to help. Heads up Telkom. Train your staff, make sure the system works, and then, and only then advertise your product. 

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 Contributors