Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: TI Entertainment Bolt On

I also have issues.

Not worked for streaming on any of my Devices on Showmax and Netflix since last year.

I have tried streaming on my laptop, windows and mac, on 3 browsers and both Showmax and Netflix apps and on the mobile browser on my Cell phone and Tablet.

Uses my normal data bundle on my LTE Sim with T1 Bolt Entertainment loaded monthly.

Moderator Moderator

Hi. Please contact support@telkomsa.net for further assistance on this. You'll need to specify your TI username, with a summary of the issue you are having. if you log into the TI tracker https://secure.telkomsa.net/titracker/index.jsp take a screenshot of the data usuge for the Add On menu

output_Svao80.gif

I also just signed up for the R99 ... 10GB LTE Entertainment bundle. It works for Showmax, in that the data comes off the T1 data, but Netflix uses your normal data. Despite Telkom website saying the T1 data can be used by multiple streaming services, the lady at the call centre told me only Showmax. Definitely false advertising.

I also just signed up for the R99 ... 10GB LTE Entertainment bundle. It works for Showmax, in that the data comes off the T1 data, but Netflix uses your normal data. Despite Telkom website saying the T1 data can be used by multiple streaming services, the lady at the call centre told me only Showmax. Definitely false advertising.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Flabbergasted please kindly edit your post and put in paragraphs. It is too much to read in one go.

@Flabbergasted wrote:

Hi - you asked for customers having issues with TI Entertainment to contact you here. I am - I posted already (below you in this thread) under the name "Flabbergasted". Well, nearly 5 weeks on from that post, I can tell you that TI Entertainment still doesnt work for us. What's worse is that the data we use watching mainly Netflix is coming directly out of our data bundle included in our 10mb fibre line rental. In other words, subscribing to TI Entertainment is having exactly the opposite effect to the one advertised on the Telkom website. The only vaguely helpful person we managed to get hold of was via complaining on Hello Peter. After a long wait of over 1 week for a response to our complaint, someone from the Telkom social media watching team got in touch and told us categorically that TI does work and that he would refund our R99 and have us connected asap. We are still waiting to see if the refund has been processed. He said further that he had to wait for his "technical" dept to switch TI on for us but that they were experiencing problems. Eventually, he emailed to say it had been switched on and that we could check by looking at our monthly usage page on our online account. We looked and did indeed see the word Active against TI Entertainment, together with a meaningless figure of 102,400 GB (!). Every attempt to contact the individual who "helped" us since that time has resulted in no response. However, I can report that over the last 7-9 days or so, the figure of 102,400 GB has not changed - this indicates to me not only that there is an error on that page (so the information cant be trusted) but also that there is no consumption of data occurring via Ti Entertainment. Meanwhile, we get daily data consumption reports for our fibre bundle and....on the days when we have watched Netflix, suddenly the data consumption increases from modest to large. Basically, it is obvious - as with other contributors's stories - that Telkom is still taking the media streaming data out of our bundle and that TI simply doesnt work. Does it even exist ?!? Why is this company allowed to lie to us like this ? In any normal country, the company would be prosecuted and face enormous penalties for mistreating/misleading its customers. Unbelievable. We will escalate this now on social media and with the press - Telkom deserves to be punished for this abuse of paying customers. 

About This Post
  • 14 replies
  • 29 kudos
  • 10 Contributors