Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Casual Visitor
Accepted Solution

Technician did not came to my place but charged for it

My phone went dead several times and after reporting Telkom managed to restart the phone.  Aparently the fault was on the line.

When the technicians phone to check if the phone was working, I gave them feedback.

To my surprised I was billed R266.85 for Ädjustments (taxable) and when querying (17 May 2017) this amount the call Center in Port Elizabeth (Aisherna) told me that it was for a call to my place by a technician.  This was incorrect as nobody came to my place to check the phone, it was all done by Telkom from somewhere elseand communicated by phone.

I have logged a dispute but I have heard nothing from Telkom.

I hope I will not have a long dispute with Telkom, as is usual.

Angelica

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Technician did not came to my place but charged for it

Hi @angelica Only the accounts department will be able to assist and escalate your dispute. try to inbox TelkomZA on facebook or tweet to TelkomZA on twitter.

Highlighted
Casual Visitor

[ Edited ]

I was expecting this type of response. Passing the buck and not taking responsibility towards the client. Was not possible to send my complaint to Accounts?

I don’t have Facebook ot Twitter.

Does this mean that I have no other way of contacting Telkom?

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @angelica, Goatfish is a member and customer on our forum, and is pointing out that our Community is not meant for service queries. We have multiple avenues to report a service query, please use the following - 

• Log and Track a Fault online
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales/Accounts - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales/Accounts - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
  • Download our App: 

Highlighted

Got to love this. I keep logging faults, just to get SMS messages a few hours later, saying "Service Restored". You reply NO to the SMS and yet they still close the fault anyway. You then have to call again, and go through logging the fault, yet again. So where we are now..... 3 months down the line, with VDSL line faulty, and second line, still not moved from my old place, 300 metres away from new house..... Completely rediculous. Then they send messages like these above.....

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 Contributors