Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Telkom 10MBps Soft Cap 100GB Fibre To The Home downloads at between 0.5 and 2.0 MBps

Dear Telkom Internet:

Please could you explain why my Telkom 10MBps Soft Cap 100GB Fibre To The Home downloads only at between 0.5 and 2.0 MBps in Newlands, Cape Town.

Regards, MA Buchanan.

Highlighted

Re: Telkom 10MBps Soft Cap 100GB Fibre To The Home downloads at between 0.5 and 2.0 MBps

[ Edited ]

Dear Telkom,

Thank you to your operator for answering my call to 0800 375 375 as your cellphone SMS fault logging system was out of action on the two days we tried to log this fault about only achieving 0.5 to 2.0 MB/s on a 10 MB/s line.

Yes, the fibre download speed is back up to 10 MB/s and download up to 5 MB/s after the operator refreshed the port!

Thank you,

MA Buchanan

Tel: **********

Newlands, Cape Town, 7700

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Telkom 10MBps Soft Cap 100GB Fibre To The Home downloads at between 0.5 and 2.0 MBps

I'm afraid it won't last long. The recreate port trick soon reverts to its old bad habits in my experience. I'm very disappointed in fibre lately. Something is seriously amis in the last month and it seems the wise men at telkom are oblivious. When my contract with telkom runs out I'm going to give lte (at someone other than telkom) a try.
About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 Contributors