Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Telkom ADSL Sync speed dropped

hey, my line also dropped from 4mbps to about 2.5 mbps, it was running fine for months on 4mbps now all of a sudden 2.5 mbps, what can I do to fix this

Please help mate

So after many calls to telkom and the many technicians i had come to my house, i eventually decided to open up a case against them with ICASA on Sunday night, Monday morning i had received an email from ICASA stating that my query had been escalated to Telkom and by the time i got home from work on the Monday my ASSIA issue had been resolved (I hope) from 145 ms ping to their own saix server with ASSIA i now ping it at 8 ms.

Maybe its a coincidence that its been resolved and maybe not but who cares i recommend opening a case with ICASA and hopefully it will be resolved for all.

Regards

Edit: Short lived ASSIA still working it's rubbish.

Having the same problem. I have a 2meg line which was sync around 2.5kbps. Since about a week maybe two weeks ago my chick complaint that the internet is slow. When I logged into the router I saw the line was sync at 1.2kbps. Did a speed test and ping. Barely could get a meg and ping was around 45ms. To my dismay , totally pissed off. Log a call and complaint. The consultant told me over the phone that I was luckey to get 2.5kbps. I tried to explain to her that I was running fine for about 6months. I told her that my line was sync at 2.5kbps but my download was around 1.9meg. She also told me that the line was in spec. (1.2 to 1.8kbps) what utter rubbish. She resetted my port and I am sync at 2046kbps. I am getting 1.6meg down. I am thinking about canceling because. Because I am paying for a speed slower speed than before.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@tinkerbell69, sounds like a fault on the line. You need a ref number but try these options to log it

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)

To be brutally honest this sounds like fraud more than a mistake, getting customers to pay for double the speed they will ever get isn't an accident.

About This Post
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 11 Contributors