Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Telkom Line Speed Issue

Good day,

I have called Telkom 2 times now and used the Android app to log a fualt (1CTK090116) but my issue is still not fixed.

When I do a speed test on my Telkom line I only get 4mbps on my 10mbps line however when I do a speed test on my AfriHost account I get 10mpbs. They reset my port the first time I called but to no avail. Then they say they need to do a line noise test and I will lose connection to them with my phone call and I should test the line again in 30 minutes, which I have done and it still is not fixed. I logged a fualt using the Telkom app on the 9th of January 2016 and checked today (14th January 2016) and the call had not even been updated. I called Telkom again (another 30 minute wait) and spoke to a phone technician and queried my issue again. He stated that he sees I already logged a call so he cannot open another one but said he will update the call notes of my previous fualt.

My question is why do I have to call them just to update their calls? It felt like they haven't even looked at the call since logging it as my issue is still not fixed with no feedback.

This is really frustrating when I have been a customer for over 10 years and you get service like this. Now I see why AfriHost has the selling point of "We’ll log faults with Telkom and follow up so you can relax while we handle things for you - you’ll always have peace of mind!"

Regular Contributor

Re: Telkom Line Speed Issue

@Forgotten_Ash I am curious, you say with your Telkom account you get 4mbps but with Afrihost you get 10mbps. That should mean that the physical line is fine. Are you sure your Telkom account is also a 10mbps account. This is usually if you have Uncapped, your Line speed might not match the ISP account speed.

Established Member

@thesuspect hello, I do have an uncapped 10mbps account with Telkom. That is why I have been asking Telkom about my speeds and giving them my Afrihost speed as reference, hense the problem does lie on Telkom's side.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Forgotten_Ash, hi. still sounds like Telkom has you on a 4mbps Uncapped username. Use their Facebook/Twitter handles to get them to check that for you.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors