Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Telkom Relocation with faulty lines

Relocated my line to new premises only to find out after moving in there is no telkom lines connected to my house and after a months struggle to get techs out to my house they say the lines on the telkom poles are faulty. a month and a half later another contracted tech comes out and tells me the same thing. 3 months now with no line even connected to my house. tried complaining everywhere and no one seems to help. i wish there was another service provider for dsl lines. 

Contributor

Re: Telkom Relocation with faulty lines

Go to a telkom shop and tell them you want fixed-line- look- a -like. It's a telephone and Internet over 3G. You get a clear com phone and modem.
Established Member

tried that. bad credit score wont get me anything except a fixed line. just wish their contractors can speed things up because my work revolves around having internet. i work from home so no internet = no work = no pay.. been going on for close to 3 months now.. i'm using my savings now to get on the internet VIA prepaid data. costing me a fortune.

Contributor

@jacopengel you not understanding it's fixed line look alike. It's a landline just over 3G. No new contracts ur number stays the same. Ur billing and call charges is the same as what u had. It's just the mode of transport is different. The phone is a normal landline phone just with an antenna
Established Member

oh ok. sorry i misunderstood. first time someone suggesting that so i might just go ahead and do that then. thanks alot. i'll visit a store as soon as possible then

Contributor

I moved into my new complex and there was no wiring. Body Corp saying it's Telkom responsibility telkom saying body Corp. Eventually I got the FLLA
Established Member

sorry to ask but how exactly does it work? do i still buy dsl data or what? but thanks. i'll deff go to them tomorrow

Contributor

Do this on this Web page scroll down to the bottom under Telkom name there is a tab that says sitemap. Click on it and scroll down to FLLA. All the info is there
Established Member

so i went to telkom yesterday only to be told they dont have the modems in stoc and they dont know when they will get them. so i dont have a problem waiting a week but anymore than that they saying they dont want to help me. and that was the attitude of the lady in woodlands boulevard PTA. "we dont have stock and we dont know when it will be in, might be more than a few months before we get in again." ok thank you for your "help".  and 10GB is a bit low anyway. thought i might be able to get more data on it. Smiley Sad oh well. guess i'll have to live with afrihost LTE since they offer better deal on their LTE.

Contributor

Sorry to hear that. If u don't mind me asking how better is the afrihost deal
About This Post
  • 16 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 Contributors