Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Telkom WiFi

What is the Wi-Fi password for my HUAWEI router model HG532f ? Telkom ADSL.  On the bottom of the router it says the password is "admin", but "admin" is too short. My SAMSUNG Galaxy J1 (J100H) smartphone will not accept "admin" as the password to connect to Wi-Fi.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Telkom WiFi

There are normally two passwords:

the router admin password - for changing settings on the router. The default user name is normally 'admin' and password is also.....er .... thats right, normally 'admin' (withoiut the quotes)

then there is the "WLAN" access key - this enables you to connect a wifi device to the router. This requires the router name (SSID) and a WLAN "key". Both are usually at the back of the router.

Established Member

Hi Jkjakes, thanks for your prompt reply. I’m new to this, I only got my Samsung Galaxy J1 smartphone today. I was able to connect to the router from my desktop computer using http: // 10.0.0.2 and changed the password from admin to Llllll111, which is longer than 8 characters. Now my Galaxy smartphone is happy, the password is longer, it now allows me to touch the Connect button. Unfortunately it still does not work, I still cannot connect my Galaxy smartphone to Wi-Fi. It gives an error message “HUAWEI-X4X3M7Y3 Authentication error occurred”. I rebooted everything, my phone, my desktop and the router. No luck. I’m busy googling a SAMSUNG website, trying to find a solution. I really need help. My email address is wegdraai @ vodamail.co.za. Dirk

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Infuriating inst it, when simple things wont work on you brand new device Man Frustrated

..trying changing the authetication key on the router from AES to TKIP or vice versa. And make sure to select the same type on the tab.

Established Member

[ Edited ]

Hi Jkjakes, thank you, thank you, thank you! My Samsung Galaxy J1 (J100H) is now connected to the Wi-Fi on my Telkom ADSL Huawei router, thanks to your help.  You pointed me in the right direction.

I could not see the authentication key on my router as being AES or TKIP, the “Configure Wi-Fi” page shows the following info: (tick) WLAN Enable. SSID: HUAWEI-X4X3M7Y3. Authentication Type: WPA-PSK. Key: 3THBTD68QZ. This info is similar on the Galaxy phone. But then … where the Galaxy asks for the password, I typed in 3THBTD68QZ. It worked, I’m connected.

The password is not “admin”. The WLAN key is the password. My password is 3THBTD68QZ. Thank you for your help, you’re a STAR, simply the BEST. And you learnt me a new word “infuriating”, I always say “frustrating”.

Occasional Contributor

@beesboertjieYou are most welcome!

Now having shared your password with the whole world, remember to change it to something easy for you to remember Robot Very Happy

Established Member

Thank you Jkjakes. I changed my password.

i have this box outside my house ... before anyone says anything let me explain what i know.

telkom wasted R150 airtime while i was waiting then i got a reply for a very "unentheusiastic woman who the told me to go to the other service ... i hung up intending to do so, when i tried i waited for 10 minutes before my airtime ran out! 

back on track 

this is some sort of reciever by the looks of things ... the previouse tennant of the house had wifi provided by telkom so i dont see whats with all the hassels ... ive contacted axxess, another pe isp and even my isp igen (which is **bleep** by the way) which all told me they had no clue to what it is 

so... 

can someone please help me before i rage!!! 

slow internet with high prices is killing me (as in R650 for 2mb/s shaped) 

please reply quick !!

Highlighted

I have this box outside my house ... before anyone says anything let me explain what i know.

telkom wasted R150 airtime while i was waiting then i got a reply for a very "unentheusiastic woman who the told me to go to the other service ... i hung up intending to do so, when i tried i waited for 10 minutes before my airtime ran out! 

back on track 

this is some sort of reciever by the looks of things ... the previouse tennant of the house had wifi provided by telkom so i dont see whats with all the hassels ... ive contacted axxess, another pe isp and even my isp igen (which is **bleep** by the way) which all told me they had no clue to what it is 

so... 

can someone please help me before i rage!!! 

slow internet with high prices is killing me (as in R650 for 2mb/s shaped) 

please reply quick !!

About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 Contributors