Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Telkom cables stolen and will not be replaced. Blue Downs area

We have also been with telkom for more than 20 years. Our cables were stolen in February 2017. Telkom advised they are going to replace the cables but after a few weeks they advised they are not going to due to "high risk area" They provided us with a FLLA phone which only has 10 gigs of data which is surely not enough for a house were 4 people connect to the internet.

I have tried to go wireless with LTE and also other ISP but they do not support our area. I am stuck at the moment as we have no options and telkom being the only ISP who can replace the cables we have no where else to go. This is surely not good service by telkom as they are not doing what is needed to support their customers

Need help on what I can do next...

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Telkom cables stolen and will not be replaced. Blue Downs area

[ Edited ]

Sorry to read your post it is disgusting how the RSA is regressing in so many respects.

The FLLA is 3G.

You will go through 10GB in much less than a month.

How about Satellite Internet?

Highlighted

@hongkongpom I have read up on saltellite internet but they are way to expensive. I am looking at different wireless ISP's and I got a repsonse from 3 of them to advise they support my area but I will see how that goes once they do the site test.

Thanks for the update.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Best of luck & please keep us advised at how the site test went

Highlighted

Hi In my area phone cable was stolen in Fabruary 2016, Telkom decided to to install new lines and informed me to replace with any other service, which i was refused to take , then in July LTE came in my area so i took 799 unlimited package. Now after more then one year in june they send me invoice with full charges , when i phone them they said my line was restoed so they start charging, meanwhile i took all telkom cables from my house, now battling to get refund from them and they charge me for july & august already with out informing me.

Is there any telkom guy who can assist me to take me out from telkom mess. My account dispute refference number is 28328298.

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 Contributors