Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Re: Telkom integrated data SIM - not getting activated

hi all check my post of integrated sim 101

dont help , sim is not picing up signals means not activated.

af

I collected 2 integrated sims from Telkom - 1 for an iPad and the other in an old Huawei E220 3G modem to allow my laptop to connect to the internet when wi-fi is not available.  Everything works sort of OK on the iPad and the laptop (when required).

Now I 'activate' the personal hotspot on the iPad to allow other devices to alos connect to the internet.  I can 'see' the hotspot wi-fi, but for some reason I cannot connect to it.  It prompts me for the password but does not connect at all.  Also, I 'acticvate' the wifi on the E220 - same thing - I 'see' the wifi but cannot connect.

What seems to be the problem??

Thanks

Hi Af,see my complaint : TI Mobile Data no Internet . I still can't connect. If you get a solution let me know. 

Highlighted

After nearly 4 months of no landline service I finally managed to arrange for  my wireless fixed phone sim card to be delivered and a short while afterwards the wireless phone. It took about 4 or 5 days to get the sim card activated and it works on the phone ok except that International calls are barred. I have tried many times to set up my wireless phone to connect to the internet  but  I am still not able to access my 1GB monthly data  Internet allowance because the wireless phone I was sent does not have a wifi key printed near the battery under the phone which I was told by one of the call centre people had to be entered when prompted for during hotspot set up. After being told a new phone would be sent with a wifi key about 6 week ago the latest call centre suggestion is that I go to a Telkom shop and ask for an integrated sim card. I am a Pensioner and the free 1GB per month would really help me but my requests for assistance just go round in circles. 

About This Post