Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Telkom integrated data SIM - not getting activated

I had the same problem. I had to take my sim,dongle and laptop to a Telkom store to demonstrate to them what was wrong. They still had no idea why its not activated ,but eventualy found out that the online activation systym does not work. They activated it manualy on their systym in the store (a process they also struggled with for about 30 min) Now its working fine in my USB Dongle but not at all in my Wifi dongle... 

Highlighted

Im not even going to bother trying.... Got mine today

Received the integrated sims, called 10210 as directed on the paper work, they told me to call 081 180, after 3 hours last night, 081 180 told me to call  10210. Does anyone in Telkom know how to activate this product. Why do the call centres not know what I am talking about.

Regular Contributor

@Toffiezr dunno, but have you tried this link to activate - https://sim.telkom.co.za/index.php

[ Edited ]

I've downloaded the set up, am trying to access the router via 192.168.0.1. but gives an error.

Regular Contributor

@Toffiezr can you be more specific with your problem. You first say you cant activate and now a router error.

WHat router are you using, is the SIM now active?

I have exactly the same problem. recieved the SIM, registered it online, still haven't received an SMS after a week. Inserted SIM in tablet, set up APN as per instructions provided.... Nothing. Chrome says I'm offline. Called 10210 and spent more than an hour and a half being bounced from one department to the next, usually ending up at Sales. Sales supervisor (Mya) eventually told me to call 0800 130 130 and ask for a supervisor, but all I get is a long wait because they are "experiencing high call volumes"! So frustrated. I suspect the registration process is faulty since I never received the promised SMS. So much for being a Pinnacle customer...

Established Member

I too have had the same run around as most of you here. Been sent from one department to another and yet no joy in getting the sim card activated. Am too afraid of wasting my time at a telkom shop and face the same incompetence as 10210.Smiley Frustrated

Established Member

@thesuspect wrote:

@Toffiezr dunno, but have you tried this link to activate - https://sim.telkom.co.za/index.php

Re-tried the site mentioned and it tells me my card has been activated. Sales can't help and Technical wanted to put me back to sales.

Hi everyone. Quick question... How did you actually apply for this product??? I have tried all conceivable avenues and everyone I speak to at Telkom so far, has no idea what this product even is. Please help !!

About This Post