Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Telkom internet issue

I am having issues with my Telkom speed. We are currently on a 10mb adsl+ package but we are only getting 4mb speed.

I have reported a fault to Telkom on the 13th November 2016 (ref #340CTK131116) for which they sent a technician and the technician said everything on my side was fine. He said there was " network infrastructure damage" and that he will escalate the call to Telkom as he was with OpenServe. The next day I checked the fault status and it was reported as "resolved" but my line speed was exactly the same.

I then had to recall the call center, for which I held on the line for roughly an hour to create a new fault (ref #870CTK161116). They sent another technician to my house and this time he replaced my cables but the issue was still not fixed. He then left and I got a call later saying he needs to check the exchange. I waited a week then called Telkom call center again for an update. They said the technician is getting parts to repair the issue. While I was on the line with the call rep I told him that I get 10mb speed on my Afrihost line and if he can please check that my adsl package is correct, to which he confirmed the acount is on the asdl+ 10mb package.

A couple of days later I tried the Telkom guest account and I also got 10mb speed with it but not with my Telkom account. I called Telkom call center again and they confirmed again that the account is correct and on the 10mb package. So they sent another OpenServe tech and she tested on her side and said everything is fine and she also said it is my account that must be incorrect. So I called Telkom again and they said everything is fine on their side. I explained that the guest account and Afrihost account gets the 10mb speed but not my Telkom account but they couldn't fix the issue. He gave me another reference number (569744830) and said my ticket was being escalated.

I then checked the status of my ticket for ref #870CTK161116 on the 01 December 2016 and it said the ticket is "resolved". This is when I start getting extremely frustrated. I called yesterday (02 December 2016) and asked the call rep to speak to a supervisor/manager on duty and they asked me to hold. When they got back to me they said he will call me back (a Mr. Mtoa if I recall correctly was the managers name) but he never did.

So here I am writing a long message on a Saturday morning on the Telkom community so that people can see the service I am getting because I am sick and tired of speaking to consultants who cannot assist and waiting for managers to never call. It has been 3 weeks that I have had this issue. When my Telkom account bill comes it will chage me for this. So hopefully some of the top people can see this complaint and assist me. Telkom has my cell number and land line number to contact me as I just want this issue fixed or I am off to another ISP.

Eagerly awaiting a response.

Established Member

Re: Telkom internet issue

Okay I went a Saturday and Sunday with sh*t internet. I swear if Telkom does not fix this this week I will go to social media & I will refuse to pay my account. I am absolutely fed up with this service. Please any CEO/COO/ SEO.. any one from Telkom please fix this. I cannot pay for this anymore. If you do not care about your customers, then don't contact me. I have had it. 3 weeks with internet probelms and it is still not fixed. I refuse to pay any Telkom account while I have this issue.

Established Member

I have gone to social media as I am tired of no service from you. 

Established Member

If not resolved by Friday I will be with a new ISP.

Moderator Moderator

Hi @Forgotten_Ash Has your speed issue been resolved, or have you received any feedback from Telkom?

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

Hi @TWL a technician (Vusi) was here yesterday and was assisting (very patient and helpful technician unlike previous ones that were at my home). We both agreed that the line is okay as his Telkom account gets 10mb speed but mine still gets 4mb speed even on his router. He has escalated it, but as it stands my issue is still not resolved.

Moderator Moderator

Hi @Forgotten_Ash Passed you query to support and Incident 1730708 was reported. Definately sounds like a profile issue if the other account is able to get a throughput of 10mbps. I know you said Friday is dday but, maybe give these guys a chance to see if they can sort this out for you.

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

Issue was fixed. The PRIORITISATION on the TI Usage Tracking Tool website was set incorrectly.

Established Member

I have the same problem & have suspected the prioritation setting is what will solve it.  Please let me know what yours have been set  to?  My line is 10 mb & every day at 5pm it drops to less than 1 mb upload & download speed.  Tks.

Established Member

[ Edited ]

Hi

If your issue is the same as mine, you can go here and login with your account details and go to the prioritization button and make sure its on 10240 downstream.

Regards,

Ash

About This Post
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 Contributors