Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Telkom's Dishonesty

Question has your sync rate gone up perhaps. Say you have a 10meg line. And you syncing at 12 meg. Has that increased
Highlighted
Established Member

Not at all. I am supposed to have a 4 meg lineand my speedtests are normally in the 3.5 meg region which is normal. There are days when the download speed also drops.

After 2 days of not having any lag issues, it returned again last night. I called the Telkom 10210 number and miraculously got through to somebody in tech support in under 5 minutes! The guy was friendly and helpful. He did 2 port resets for me in a row but yet my ping stayed in the 450ms to 500ms region. He then logged a call for me to have a Telkom technician come out and check the physical cable for me from the exchange onwards. I'm still waiting for said person to contact me to make an appointment. Holding thumbs for that to happen soon.

Highlighted
Contributor

What's your telephone number.
Highlighted
Established Member

I'm sorry if I'm sounding a bit sceptical but I was told that there are no Telkom representatives following this community forum. If you are a Telkom representative then you could check the call reference number on your system for all my details (I don't feel comfortable giving my details in a public forum such as this). The reference number is 1077CRK270116.

Highlighted
Contributor

No problem. I'm not a telkom representative. The reference number will do.
Highlighted
Established Member

May I ask who you are and what you need the reference number for?

Highlighted
Contributor

U have a upto4meg line and ur modem is currently syncing at 5120.
Highlighted
Established Member

Ok. I haven't recently checked my sync speed but it still doesn't solve my ping problem.

Highlighted
Contributor

But the higher sync rate will compensate for the higher ping rate
Highlighted
Established Member

Clearly Battlefield haven't gotten that memo because I am still lagging in game. And that is playing on any of the servers, be it a MWeb hosted or Telkom hosted or any other South African server.

About This Post
  • 38 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 6 Contributors