Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Telkom's Dishonesty

You apparently complained about slow speeds correct.
Highlighted
Established Member

[ Edited ]

Ah, I replied and haven't seen your latest response.

My complaint was about the pings being so high. It causes me to get kicked from servers due to high ping. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Ok. What's ur ping rate now
Highlighted
Established Member

I can only check it once I get home from work tonight.

Highlighted
Contributor

Some advice. Uncapped internet, fair usage policy states if the service is abused the isp reserves the right to slow your speeds down and if u continue ur service will be suspended for 24 hours. That's all isp service providers fair usage policy. Just my 2cents
Highlighted
Contributor

I learnt the hard way Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Established Member

Yeah, I have also learned that the hard way sadly, when I managed to find my download speed at 384kbps. Luckilly it was only 2 days until the end of the month so I just switched over to my Afrihost Pay-As-You-Go test account.

Thanks for trying to help though. I'll just have to wait for the tech to come out and do a physical inspection of the line. For most of last year I never experienced this issue, otherwise I would have just chalked it up to being the usual "ADSL is a best-effort service" schpiel. Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Contributor

U can cancel that fault bru. Fair usage. Nothing wrong with your line apparently. Modem syncing at 5120 for a 4 meg line is excellent.
Highlighted
Established Member

Thanks. You still haven't told me who you are and how reliable your intel is seeing as you are not a Telkom representative. I will also do another check tonight for ping and fire up the game.

Surely if it was fair usage my download speed would not have been 3.5 Mbps. Plus the tech that helped me last night haven't mentioned that there was a FUP on my line. Also, checking my online portal my usage tracker tool has the bar halfway between Normal and Power.

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm just the man on the street that has contacts and just wanna share some knowledge. MANDELA SAID TO GROW A NATION IS TO EDUCATE A NATION. U see the high sync rate accommodates and helps but certain protocols is throttled peak times. That tracker tool could be wrong as almost 400 gigs in 2 months u can be sure fup is active. Wats the cost of an uncapped account now?. Just ur isp chargers
About This Post
  • 38 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 6 Contributors