Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: Telkom's Dishonesty

What about a 2000ms ping, 1.2meg download speed on a 4meg line?

Highlighted
Established Member

And I appreciate you helping the general public out. Thank you.

It is possible that the FUP is in action. My average monthly usage is in the region of 300 Gig per month. December would have been less because I was on holiday away from home for half the month. However I don't see how 300 Gig a month is a lot for a modern household nowadays.

So I have done another sets of speedtests. First I used my Telkom Internet account. The results was this:

I then immediately switched to my Afrihost test account:

Highlighted
Contributor

Think about it this way. U expecting to put R20 petrol in a car and drive from jhb to Cape Town. Data is expensive see how much a capped acc off 30gig will cost
Highlighted
Contributor

I can't view the attachment
Highlighted
Contributor

Sagren there must be a line issue
Highlighted
Established Member

I managed to have this resolved at long last. Apparently the telkom slaes team gave me a 4mb username, although technically I ought to be on a 10Mb username. a diagnosis was done on the line and it is confirmed that the line is capable of traversing 20Mb. Its a blend of copper and fibre.

Assia.jpgExchange InfoExchange InfoMy current speedMy current speed

Highlighted
Established Member

Well, that is great news. So somebody at Telkom finally got their head out of their arse and figured out that they are a bunch of incompetent clowns. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

PLEASE READ THE "ASSIA" POSTS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

FROM A NOW FRUSTRATED

UncaPAul

Highlighted
Established Member

So THAT is what they call that bull**bleep** new supposed "magic tool" to sync lines at faster speeds. I am going to take a wild guess and assume they enabled it on my line from the 2nd or 3rd of Jan this year, because that's when I started noticing this **bleep**ty lag. I'll give the tech guys a call on 10210 (?) and ask them to disable it for my account.

Thanks UncaPaul.

About This Post
  • 38 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 6 Contributors