Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Telkom's new ASSIA system

Hi all,

I know a lot of people are probably fed up with Telkom since implementing the ASSIA system. I have had to log 4-6 calls per month to get my sync speed to what I am paying for. Since Telkom implemented this system on my profile I have had endless problems with sync speeds. 

Before anyone says there is a fault on my line that is why this is happening , this is not the case. Before ASSIA I did NOT have sync speed issues. I logged maybe 2-4 calls since I had the line installed in late 2014 and that was due to no internet at all. 

When I log a call and they reset my sync speed it runs fine for +- 5-6 days then it starts to decrease sync speeds. During the time it runs fine I have no issues, no disconnects, fast downloads and low pings when I game. So how can there be a fault on my line when i runs fine, please explaine this to me TELKOM ?

Anyway, I would like to see Telkom's call stats since the ASSIA system was introduces as this system is "supposed" to reduce the number of calls logged due to faults. As previously stated, I personally have logged more calls in the last 3 months than the last year before ASSIA.

I just wish they can remove me from the system, I will take the consequences of having to log a call and wait for a tech to assist.

Just my 2cents worth.

Re: Telkom's new ASSIA system

I have been experiencing internet issues for a whole year now. The last month i had a adsl connection but it syncs at dialup.

Fault 12Ctk130216.

Its been escalated and all of that.
my profile is syncing on 5mb. i am paying for 4mb. But the problem is that allthough there is a connection for days unend,as their twitter support so helpfully stated, that the speed os 0.09 - 0.7mb since the first week in feb. I am going to ignore the fact that this occurs frequently since jan 2015, and say that i need this issue resolved. i am beyobd frustrated and there seem to be no technicians in east pretoria that work or help.

I tried twitter. the call center. facebook. emails. phone call after phone call.

Please give me contact info who would like to fix my problem permanently. I will actually pay them to do it at thia stage.

m
Frequent Contributor

@AW @NC - there are many posts on this community regarding ASSIA - I'm sure @UncaPaul can tell you all about those posts and his experiences so far.

Should we perhaps get someone in Telkom responsible for ASSIA to come on here and explain to us in a few short sentences what ASSIA does, how it works, why it causes so many issues, how it is monitored and when it will improve?  I think this is owed to the users of your services that have already pin pointed this issue as related to ASSIA to be leveled with and provided an insight into this animal ?

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j0766 I am in the process of getting a document approved for the Community that explains ASSIA DSMS.

Frequent Contributor

Cool - we all look forward to it ...

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 Contributors