Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Telkom wont give me service please HELP!

[ Edited ]

I have just moved into a new house in a small town called Meyerton Golf Park that falls under Gauteng. I use to have a Telkom line in Daleside. When I moved I requested to move my line as well. A week later I get an SMS stating that my account has been canceled due to infrastructure constraints. I then called in the next day to find out what exactly is the problem because we have Telkom poles running right past our house.

The sales guy I spoke to was surprised when I explained the there is a pole 3 meters from my house. He then confirmed that there is up to 4mb coverage in the area. I explained that I paid R690 for my installation 4 months ago + R700 deposit and that I didn't want to pay that again because Telkom moves your line for free. He offered me a deal where we can order a new line and avoid the installation cost which I agreed to.

One week later (today) I phone in again and they can't pick up my ref no. So I give him my ID number and he sees that the order has been canceled. I asked him why he tells me from what he can see its a copper issue and I won't be able to get a line moving forward. In total I have spent around 5 hours on the phone most of the time I was waiting for someone to answer. No one has even come out to my place to have a look.

I am so tired of this can someone please give me advice on what to do?  I know for a fact there is infrastructure if a techie could just come out and see.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Moderator Moderator

Re: Telkom wont give me service please HELP!

Hi @Evolme I sent you a private message.

output_Svao80.gif
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hellp please kindly state what you propose rather than sending a private message to the customer. After all, this information would benefit all of us surely.

Is it copper quality or lack of ports at the MSAN?

Moderator Moderator

Hi @hongkongpom I requested personal information as well as the physical location of the premises, and directed it to the sales team (10213). They got in touch with the network section to investigate infrastructure for the area. @Evolme you can share the feedback if you'd like. I think it might make for a good topic as well.

output_Svao80.gif

@hongkongpom have you resolved issue? If so, how? I have the same issue, but Telkom website clearly indicates that I have coverage. I also have the connection ports right outside the apartment. So how do I deal with this?

PLEASE HELP GET OUR INSTALLATOON DONE!

We have applied for new ADSL installation for a MONTH now. We also got the runaround.....told it, was never processed, then it could take weeks before installation. Appointment was made for Tuesday 2 weeks ago, and no installation was done. Then after almost 45 minutes on hold....we get the story about faulty lines that needed repairs etc ...friday (28/4) someone from Telkom phoned and made the 2nd appointment for installation today. I was assured it would happen, as I have to take tome off work for this! Surprise! I sat home for nothing today! NO INSTALLATION WAS DONE! Very disappounted with the service
Moderator Moderator

Please use the following Service Channels for these types of quries. Our Community is a peer 2 peer support forum

• Log and Track a Fault online
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
  • Download our App: 

output_Svao80.gif
About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 Contributors