Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Ti Entertainment addon

[ Edited ]

Good Day Telkom

I called your support and sales departments to activate TI Entertainment Addon ,which should allow me to stream uncapped Dstv online/catchup/showmax etc. without extracting data from my in-bundle data. After a week struggling with a call centre which doesn’t know the product, it was finally confirmed that it’s been activated Wednesday 20 April, and that I’ll be billed R86.

However later that day at home when streaming dstv catch-up from DSTV.COM I noticed that despite activating the TI Entertainment Addon, data was actually being deducted from my in-bundle capped data. Also I noted under the online usage tracker that TI Entertainment showed zero data used despite having had streamed the services, and I noted my in-bundle had taken a hit.

Friday I called again assuming your call centre had incorrectly loaded the Addon, preferring to rather activate it myself online through telkomsa.net. Which I did Saturday online and paid the requested R99 payment from my cheque card to activate TI Entertainment Addon. However I am extremely disappointed and frustrated that still the same problem exists!!! Data is deducted from my in-bundle plus on the online tracker it displays zero data used under TI Entertainment.

Fix this and refund the data used when I thought TI Entertainment’s activate/working as advertised or my money. Your product is not working according.

Moderator Moderator

Re: Ti Entertainment addon

Hi @ngqazz, note that this site is for peer 2 peer support. For Service issues, please contact - 

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10120 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
output_Svao80.gif

I have used most of these forms of communication and now weeks have gone by
without a solution and response. I am at an end where I don't know what to
do to have basic service
Highlighted

The problems are:

* Hardly anyone at Telkom seems to understand how the TI Entertainment package works; some personnel havent even heard of it

* Promises made by Telkom personnel that a knowledgeable member of staff will call the customer to provide assistance are repeatedly broken

* The product details on the website are not informative - for example, no indication is given at the point of sale that a special new username and password is required etc. So how would the customer know this ?

* Despite all the problems alluded to above and in other users' posts, Telkom starts counting down the product's expiry from the date it was purchased by the customer. So in other words, we have already paid for 3 of our 30 days' validity on the product despite the fact that it doesnt work for us !!

I have only lived in SA for 8 months so I am judging Telkom by the standards I am used to in northern Europe. I can tell you that your staff are incredibly badly trained, both in terms of product knowledge and customer service. Your "technicians" are mostly amateurs from what I have experienced. Many of your physical contractors are incompetent and totally unreliable. It's really quite shocking - yet you can get away with it, because you have a monopoly. Really quite sad - especially that you generate so much anger amongst your customers. 

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors