Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Transferring ADSL line back to Telkom and downtime.

hi

I am interested in one of the home unlimited adsl packages, mostly because the line rental is included.

My line is currently with another ISP (Axxess), and I can not afford any down time of my internet connection, as it is used to work from home.

My question is whether or not there will be any downtime transferring my line to the wholesale pool so that Telkom can pick it up? 

Thanks.

Established Member

Re: Transferring ADSL line back to Telkom and downtime.

Not sure what you mean by transferring down time back to Telkom?

But I will share with you my personal experience I recently had with the Telkom Home Unlimited option:

I had an exsisting 4Mbps line with Telkom , my ISP was Afrihost for the Data. All I did was apply for the 4Mbps home unlimited uncapped account for R599 per month and Telkom did the rest, wait for a sms confirming your Username and login and you are up and running. You do have to cancel though with your current SP though. I was on a month to month basis with Afrihost- so a simply email to them and everything was sorted ! I think Axxess works the same as Afrihost? 

I can now say that i had signed up for 2 years with a free modem @R599 p/m on the 4Mbps home unlimited uncapped deal !

Good luck !

Please help I moved to a new address and need my adsl line to be moved to my new address I applied at a telkom store but they say there is coverage but there is coverage people next door is using adsl line from telkom there is poles and I asked a Telkom installation technician guy to check for me for cables and he said he can't understand why they say there is no coverage. How can I apply only as you also get no answer when phoning or who can I talked to please.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors