Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Trouble Migrating ADSL line to new ISP

I am trying to migrate my ADSL line to Afrihost.

On 14 January 2019 I put in a request to cancel my line and migrate it to Afrihost. I set up my account with Afrihost and they're good to go. On the 4th of Feb after two weeks of waiting I contacted the sales department and they told me no request had been received. Okay. I put in a new request to have my line released to the holding pool. On 5 Feb 2019 I phoned again and the consultant told me that they're still waiting for the line to be released. On 6 Feb 2019 I phoned again and the consultant told me that the line would be released to the holding pool sometime during the day.

Contact Afrihost on 7 Feb 2019 to migrate my line and they tell me 'Line is still with another operator'. OKAY. I phone the sales department AGAIN. No something went wrong. They escelate the issue to the IT department and now I am waiting AGAIN. On 14 Feb 2019 my service will be cancelled and if my line is not moved by then, then I will be without any internet. 

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY IT IS SO DIFFICULT TO HAVE MY LINE RELEASED TO THE HOLDING POOL? 

About This Post
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 Contributor