Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to send e-mail but can receive.

Hi guys, 

A client has asked me to fix this issue. It is a telkomsa.net email. i have tried all the variants of telkom smtp settings. 

From 15/11/2016 my client can not send any outgoing e-mails. i searched for the various smtp settings. Tried all of them with no luck.

Phoned telkom customer care yesterday (16/11/2016), changed the password it logs onto the server but can not send any outbound mail.

i was then told that it would be escalated so still awaiting their call. prior to the 15th everything was working fine. the error is 0x800429 roughly and it says i must contact admin or isp. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Moderator Moderator

Re: Unable to send e-mail but can receive.

Hi @Slevinsky I've experienced this error myself some time back. It was due to an update at the time. Not sure if it was for Windows or my AV. It wanted me to authenticate even though no authentication is needed. I too tried all possible fixes, removing the account, closing MS Outlook, and adding the account seemed to work.

Are you using ADSL or LTE. For ADSL use smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net

For LTE use smtp.saix.net

Hope this has been sorted already.

output_Svao80.gif
Highlighted

Thanx for the reply, I have tried all the smtps that are there. And I am
starting think it may be a virus. Telkom even changed the password but no
luck. Im getting rather frustrated with it now. And its only in outlook.

having same problem, on my iphone can receive settings from my telkomsa account but can't send messages, they sent me to apple? changed all relevant settings numerous times, says that server rejected,  really need to send mail from my phone for this e-mail account.  Please help

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

You need to change the smtp setting on your phone to the smtp server name of your cell phone provider

e.g. if MTN, use mail.mtn.co.za

Also try changing the outgoing port from 25 to 587 with no encryption

I'm having the exact same issues, whether I'm on the desktop or mobile outlook app, or using webmail on the browser, I can no longer send emails from my Telkomsa email address, it's been months now Smiley Sad

Frequent Contributor

Ok if you can't even send mail from the do messaging webmail page then the problem is with your account.

Try resetting your password. Using webmail is the sanity check if it doesn't work here then it will NEVER work.

Hi Anzar

Hi.  I have been experiencing the same problem of being able to receive but not send emails from my telkomsa.net mailbox.

Both from Outlook express and using the webmail portal.  From the webmail portal it can send to some addresses like gmails, but not yahoo.

Were you able to find a solution to yuor problem?

JHK

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Can you please help me. I have been unable to send Email for some time . I am using a SAMSUNG S7 for all my transactions.

Thanks.

Jonathan

About This Post
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 Contributors