Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unacceptable Service

The service I received from Telkom and Vumatel is unacceptable and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I applied on the 31 July 2018 for a ADSL line.  I only got an order number on 10 August 2018, despite going to the store in Centurion everyday, making a deposit of R700 and making calls everyday, still nothing.  My application either gets cancelled or there a numerous errors or gliches with the application.  On 03 September 2018, I get call from 012 588 8888 number telling my application has been cancelled.  And will have either have to took a wireless phone or apply for fibre.  I applied for fibre with the rep on that very day....but today  I am yet to receive any phone call or even an acknowledgement.

I call Telkom regarding the progress of the fibre application, they tell me to call Vumatel.  I can Vumatel and they tell Telkom reps are liars, and that they can only process my application and to call Telkom. Guess what I call Telkom and guess what they tell me.  Mam you have to call Vumatel only they can process your application.

So who do I call!!!! Who is gonna call me an process my application.  Its so heart breaking calling Telkom and Vumatel and I am left no where at the end of the day.  Every person tells me the same story.....but guess what still nothing.  I feel so hurt and heartbroken that both companies who have call centres cannot resolve a simple query. What a service I get?

Can some please try and assist. Its just really painful calling both companies and i am still left with nothing.

VA-7818-734113 

Valued Contributor

Re: Unacceptable Service

Hi @vengreen

So sorry to hear what’s happening to you, extremely frustrating & unacceptable that call centre agents did not help.

We're customers in the forum and can't help much - Telkom media teams are good for resolving these issues .

If you accepted a Telkom / Vumatel fibre package like the deals in this link https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/shop/home/plan/0401-mbps-softcap-vuma-fibre-internet-pv/ call Telkom 10210 accounts dept for a case ref confirming that the R700 deposit you paid Telkom will either be credited to your new fibre contract or immediately refunded to you if the new order cannot be  traced.

Then send an urgent complaint to a Telkom media team with the fibre order number, a copy of the R700 payment, all refs you were given, and a detailed description of these issues.  Say you require acceptable response & confirmation of your order progress within 48 hours.

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

and email the complaint to  support@telkom.co.za for decent feedback and results. 

Good luck - please let know know what happens. 

Hi

The R700 was refunded to me within two days of your response to me.

However Vumatel installed the fibre five days later.  I was told to contact Telkom to arrange for router and for fibre to go live at my place of residence.  I call Telkom and  the rep states that there is no fibre application for me and requested that I provide her with details which I did and that it would be captured again and that someone would call me within 24 hours.

Today (three days later) I call, and anotherTelkom rep states again there is no fibre application for me and request that i provider her with details in order that it may be captured and sent to their back office for capturing.  Now I am at lost just when I thought we were going forward....i just realised i will have to wait another few more weeks for my application to be captured....What a wow? or for someone to even call me back.

Can someone please assist with a router or whatever else is needed to complete my application.  Its like I have to beg for a service.

Valued Contributor

Hi @vengreen

Thanks for update ,  so sorry to see you're still battling like this - very frustrating & unacceptable . 

We're customers in the forum and can't help with service issues,  but try messaging an urgent complaint to a Telkom media team

with cc email to  support@telkom.co.za for decent feedback & results.  (that worked for us ).  

Include your order details , the Vumatel ticket number , and all your refs & dates .

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

Good luck, please let us know what happens.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 Contributors