Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Upgrading from LTE Uncapped in Johannesburg to Fibre in Port Elizabeth

Due to unforeseen circumstances, my family and I are moving to Port Elizabeth in December. The area that we are moving to, Lovemore Heights, has no Telkom LTE coverage. It does however have Fibre, I’ve checked on the coverage map on your website. Since my LTE contract will effectively become useless once we move there on 1 December, I was hoping that we could perhaps upgrade my contact to Fibre? I don’t mind at all if my monthly contract fee increases, I absolutely need high-speed connectivity, but I obviously can’t continue with the LTE contract as there is no coverage. Who could assist with this?

Moderator Moderator

Re: Upgrading from LTE Uncapped in Johannesburg to Fibre in Port Elizabeth

Hi @JunkieFlo, this is possible. When you want to go ahead, please send me a Private Message and I will arrange for an accounts agent to do the necessary changes. In most cases, although Fibre and LTE are Fixed vs Mobile products, an upward migration of services will be possible without contract penalties. The agent will however advise at such time.

output_Svao80.gif

Good day NC

My word I'm very impressed! I've tried twice this monring to speak to someone at Telkom, after holding on for a collective 40 minutes, I gave up. I even tweeted @Telkom and got a reply saying I have no way to avoid paying penalites. 

So I'm VERY impressed not only that you replied so quickly, but that you also seem to have a solution for me! THANK YOU vert much.

I'd very much like to go ahead please. I'm hoping this is how you send a "provate message"?

Regards

Frederick Louw

Hi There,

I have hope you can assist me, been trying to find out the penatlies and process to move from my LTE service with telkom that is on month 19 of 24 over to a fiber solution, I see you helped out the above guy really quickly and hope you will be able to assist me aswell. 

Kind regards,

Shaun 

Hi There,

I hope you are well, been trying to call and find out the process and penalties involved to move from LTE to fiber and if it is possible (i know my area is fiber ready) but I have been bounced around for the past hour and saw how quickly you handled Junkie's issue below. I am hoping you can assist me aswell with my situation,

Thanks in advance,

Shaun 

jpd

Hi @NC I have a similar query I would like to upgrade to Fiber from LTE, but the staff in the store was unable to assist and the online staff could also not help would you be able to assist me with this regard as well?

Hi,

I am moving homes. Can you please assist and advise on the process to migrate from Telkom LTE Uncapped to a fibre package? I have confirmed that fibre is available in the new area I'm moving to. However, the contact center staff and staff at the Telkom store were unable to assist.

Ahmed

Hi,

I am moving homes. Can you please assist and advise on the process to migrate from Telkom LTE Uncapped to a fibre package? I have confirmed that fibre is available in the new area I'm moving to. However, the contact center staff and staff at the Telkom store were unable to assist.

Ahmed

Hi,

I have the same request. Could you please assist? I tried a few months ago and was told that it was impossible without incurring penalties.

Regards

Ricardo

Hi

I have an LTE router with Telkom, with 20GB data, and want to upgrade to unlimited ADSL (R799). will that be possible?

About This Post
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 Contributors