Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

VDSL Line Configuration Reset after Lightning Storm

[ Edited ]

My adsl line seems to have an error.
Last night there was a lighting storm in my area, don't know if this was the course.
But my line went dead and when it came up the ADSL Signal was not working.
I tested the ADSL filter with a replacement.But still not working.
If I plug the phone line directly into the wall socket it should make a digital noise but it only gives a normal ring tone.

My logic tells me the ADSL signal is off and only the normal analog phone line is coming through.

I've logged a fault with Telkom but hopefully they can help me on CHAT support. Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

Re: VDSL Line Configuration Reset after Lightning Storm

Hi @Corra

Hope you came right.  We’re customers in the forum and Telkom won’t see your post here , but if you're still battling call 10210 ( early 8 am best) and have them check your adsl line.  If all looks fine their side they’ll help you to reset the router / reconnect.

If not, your router may have been damaged by a lightning power surge,  perhaps you could try testing on a borrowed router while you wait for a technician .

Hope this helps, please let us know what happens.

Established Member

I finally got someone to give me a ETA on my fault.I reported it on 9 Oct , and only got my appointment 17 Oct. SO I have to wait 8 days for a fault that can be fixed remotely in 10 min.

Thanks TELKOM /OPENSERVE

Verify the information from your ISP. Check the DSLAM interoperability for the router model or card.

Who will write my paper for me?

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors