Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

VDSL Line Configuration Reset after Lightning Storm

[ Edited ]

My adsl line seems to have an error.
Last night there was a lighting storm in my area, don't know if this was the course.
But my line went dead and when it came up the ADSL Signal was not working.
I tested the ADSL filter with a replacement.But still not working.
If I plug the phone line directly into the wall socket it should make a digital noise but it only gives a normal ring tone.

My logic tells me the ADSL signal is off and only the normal analog phone line is coming through.

I've logged a fault with Telkom but hopefully they can help me on CHAT support. Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: VDSL Line Configuration Reset after Lightning Storm

Hi @Corra

Hope you came right.  We’re customers in the forum and Telkom won’t see your post here , but if you're still battling call 10210 ( early 8 am best) and have them check your adsl line.  If all looks fine their side they’ll help you to reset the router / reconnect.

If not, your router may have been damaged by a lightning power surge,  perhaps you could try testing on a borrowed router while you wait for a technician .

Hope this helps, please let us know what happens.

Highlighted
Established Member

I finally got someone to give me a ETA on my fault.I reported it on 9 Oct , and only got my appointment 17 Oct. SO I have to wait 8 days for a fault that can be fixed remotely in 10 min.

Thanks TELKOM /OPENSERVE

Highlighted

Verify the information from your ISP. Check the DSLAM interoperability for the router model or card.

Who will write my paper for me?

Highlighted

this is a very good idea. thank you for sharing! I will follow you regularly happy wheels

Highlighted

It affects your ability to share your thoughts and share your experiences. I do not know if this is my blog! Smiley Happy Today, it is important to keep any customer updated with payment information or any other information they would like to receive. SMS Gateway

Highlighted

Texting is perhaps the only channel that can offer instant connectivity regardless of the recipient’s location or time. This is why businesses are switching to Mass Texting to engage with their customers, user, partners and employees as well.

Highlighted

Texting is perhaps the only channel that can offer instant connectivity regardless of the recipient’s location or time. This is why businesses are switching to mass texting to engage with their customers, user, partners and employees as well.

About This Post
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 Contributors