Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

WORST SERVICE EVER...I HATE TELKOM

Telkom fault reported on 16/11/2017. Ref 696CTK161117. Followed up on 18/11/2017, was told that I must call back on 20/11/2017. Followed up on Monday 20/11/2017, wasd told that the system can only escalate matters after 5 working days!!! When I phoned the Telkom call centre on 07/12/2017 I was told that the original fault complaint was never addressed because no technician was ever assigned to the fault. (During a previous call, the call centre agent told me she had emailed the technician to follow up. A blatant lie, as no technician had been assigned). Then received escalation reference number 1038690 . I was informed that the fault would be resolved by 13/12/2017. Followed up again on 13/12/2017 with the Telkom Call Centre and was informed that the Technician assigned made a mistake upon trying to fix the line and the system is now showing an error. Called the Call Centre again on 19/12/2017 and wass told that thye fault was assigned incorrectly and that the correct 'assigner' could not be reached. As such, fault is in limbo with no-one doing anything about it.

They cannot give me a turnaround time as to when we will have an active service again.

In the meantime I am paying for a service that I do not have. I have also contacted the Telkom Billing department and was informed that they will not credit any charges to the account until the fault has been resolved.

This fault has been unresolved since 16 November 2017. The call centre agents either lie to me or are unable to assist me.

I am sick and tired of Telkom. I have tried every avenue...Facebook, Emails - which are deleted without been read...i have proof of this.

I work from home and have lost business as I am unable to engage with potential clients.

What do I need to do to get Telkom to fix my fault...?

Highlighted

Re: WORST SERVICE EVER...I HATE TELKOM

I am also very unhappy with the service I am getting from Telkom.I am an adsl subscriber and I use the uncapped services and pay up to R700+ a month.The service has been down for the past two months and I have to call telkom to get an update.Each time I call I am told the wires in your area were stolen and they are being replaced.One time i decided to do an online chat and was told the wires wont be replaced.Now its chrismas and we dont have data we cant stream or watch netflix we have been left hanging.I have been to the stores twice and they also dont have a solution.I went to clearwater and was told that someone would call me back and no one did.Now it's as if its some consolation that Telkom is giving me that  I pay for the line only which I dont even use and I am just waiting for I dont know what.At the same time telkom continues to advertise having the cheapest data services available.This is so unfair.

Highlighted
Established Member

I have the same issue...no service since 10 December 2017.

I have lodged faults, billing credit requests... to date... 50 days later.... nothing!!!

To make matters more worse... this EFFING TELKOM COMMUNITY gives you "BADGES" for posting... how crude are they?

I dont give a F@## about your badges... FIX MY EFFING line and stop charging me for days of NO SERVICE.

@FSIMON wrote:

Telkom fault reported on 16/11/2017. Ref 696CTK161117. Followed up on 18/11/2017, was told that I must call back on 20/11/2017. Followed up on Monday 20/11/2017, wasd told that the system can only escalate matters after 5 working days!!! When I phoned the Telkom call centre on 07/12/2017 I was told that the original fault complaint was never addressed because no technician was ever assigned to the fault. (During a previous call, the call centre agent told me she had emailed the technician to follow up. A blatant lie, as no technician had been assigned). Then received escalation reference number 1038690 . I was informed that the fault would be resolved by 13/12/2017. Followed up again on 13/12/2017 with the Telkom Call Centre and was informed that the Technician assigned made a mistake upon trying to fix the line and the system is now showing an error. Called the Call Centre again on 19/12/2017 and wass told that thye fault was assigned incorrectly and that the correct 'assigner' could not be reached. As such, fault is in limbo with no-one doing anything about it.

They cannot give me a turnaround time as to when we will have an active service again.

In the meantime I am paying for a service that I do not have. I have also contacted the Telkom Billing department and was informed that they will not credit any charges to the account until the fault has been resolved.

This fault has been unresolved since 16 November 2017. The call centre agents either lie to me or are unable to assist me.

I am sick and tired of Telkom. I have tried every avenue...Facebook, Emails - which are deleted without been read...i have proof of this.

I work from home and have lost business as I am unable to engage with potential clients.

What do I need to do to get Telkom to fix my fault...?

Highlighted

I am woth you on this! Who the hell cares for a frickin badge. By the time we resorted to take the time and post our grievance, we have moved beyond reasonable in all this. No feedback. No follow up. Nothing. Lies in call centres in being given the run around so that the agent can just get the caller of the line. They take the call for what! We have had this issue on our uncapped 20meg line since December 2017. Also work from home. Been phoning like mad. I am tired of this absolutely incompetent Service offering. How can it be this bad??????
Highlighted

i too have the same problem. my telkom 4mbs line downloads around 4kbs. i hate telkom this is the worst isp ever i will never do a contract with them again. why cant i get what im paying for ?

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 Contributors