Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
JDP

Re: Waiting for line installation

Is this for a fiber install, if so what area?

Good afternoon Telkom Community.  I  just want to know whats happening with our Line installation  they said this week and still no one showed up yet .

Good afternoon Telkom Community.  I  just want to know whats happening with our Line installation  they said this week and still no one showed up yet .

What is the criteria that needs to be met in an area for infrastructure to be implemented? I am currently staying in a newly built area, however there is no infrastructure for landlines/adsl

Hello Telkom Community. I applied for uncapped ADSL at my house in October 2017. I got message scheduling my installation appointment for the 23rd of the same month. A month and a few weeks later I am still sitting with no installation. I have made several calls to the 10213 number and made subsequent appointments, noone has shown up yet or phoned me to arrange installation.

Very unhappy with Telkom and the service provider for installation that they keep refering to.

Highlighted

My reference number is 172705691.

Hi,

We have already received our Email address and Login Details but we still dont have a Order Number.

When phoning 10213 no-one answers. No-one is willing to assist with the issues we are experiencing

Try getting a "stand alone WiFi phone" or something to that effect. Was told by 10210 guy about it. Telkom Direct stores should give you more info. It's a home phone that uses cellular and not a fixed cable with a built in WiFi modem. You can get free Telkom landline calls and 40gb data 3g or 4g for about R629 pm. I've had a broken fixed line since 02/12/17 and they only told me about it now. Only problem is that adsl is far cheaper than 4g/3g data.

Hi,

I am so tired of trying to get someone to install my adsl line, I've been waiting 2 months. Eventually I got the contact details for the installer but it seems that he (TEUNS) is also just as pathetic and incompetent as most of Telkom employees. The amount of money I've spent on calls to get a appointment for installation has almost cost me the same amount I've paid for NO service which would be two months.

I have no idea what is going on and how long will it take, I'm sure now that choosing Telkom was the worst choice I'm sure that if I pay more some Internet company will do the job. #noconfidence.

The beauty of Telkom#noconfidence-#thieves is that eve tho there is no service and no product to use I the customer has to keep paying and even better than that If I find a trustworthy supplier I can't just stop my contract I have to buy myself out.

This is ridiculous and I'm sure that the majority of Telkom clients feel the same, SHAME ON YOU TELKOM SHAME ON YOU.

#noconfidence

I have logged a call for a adsl line installation the 2nd of this month. And have still not gotten any feedback with regards to the installation of the line. I already have a phone line (which I only got becaue I want ADSL). Is there anything I can do to get this process concluded, I really require ADSL internet. I have phoned the call center around 10 times and have never gotten any valuable feedback.

About This Post