Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Waiting for line installation

Hi, I've completed an application for a landine and was approved on 13/04/2017. The consultant stated that a technician would contact me after 48 hours, it's been almost a week now and I've not been contacted. Any help??
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Waiting for line installation

Hi @kobie26 This is incorrect. Infrastructure still has to be investigated. This process can take anwhere from 7 to 21 working days.

Highlighted

Thanks for the info. Will continue to wait another week or 2.

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Highlighted

Good afternoon

We have applied for a telkom line and an ADSL line. Telkom has sent us this SMS Dear Customer a telkom technician has been dispatched to install your telephone line for your order (158...........) today. The technician was a no show this day.

Second SMS. Dear Customer your installation for (158.....) is scheduled for the 23.03.2017.

The technician was at our property to install our line we were so happy to hear that it was finaly getting done after waiting 2 weeks. Only to be told that they can not install our line as there is a faulty line in town (and this line has been faulty since January as we have friends that is still not connected) The technician told us that this problem will be resolved in 7 to 15 working days and then they will come back and install our line. We are waiting for a month and no feedback to reply from telkom.

I phoned Telkom trying to see when our line will be installed only to be told that i must not wait i must rather apply for always on from telkom (WHY WOULD I DO THIS AS I WANT MY ADSL LINE INSTALLED)

On the same premises we have have a telkom line and a ADSL line that is running in the house why can telkom not link us on this line?

can we please get feedback as this is really madness does telkom not need our money????????

Highlighted

Hi we have applied for new ADSL installation for a MONTH now. We also got the runaround.....told it couuld take up to a week before installation. Appointment was made for Tuesday 2 weeks ago, and no installation was done. Then after almost 45 minutes on hold....we get the story about faulty lines that needed repairs etc ...friday (28/4) someone from Telkom phoned and made the 2nd appointment for installation today. I was assured it would happen, as I have to take tome off work for this! Surprise! I sat home for nothing today! NO INSTALLATION WAS DONE! Our ref nr that was given is 160511221A.
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @sheryl2912 Has your installation been completed yet?

Highlighted

Hi Can you please help
We applied for the adsl package deal and still waiting on installation.technician came out more than a week ago and struggled for a few hours eventually telling me theres a problem with "cables"or there are no "spares" available for my house and have to wait for the "cables"guys to come out and install some.as u can see im still waiting.my order no.is 162078483A
Would really appreciate some help!!
Thanks
Highlighted

Hi,

We had a technician at the house 2 weeks ago that only conncted the line to
the house, but had no modem! Was shunted around for over a week again, and
was told ttat I have to wait another 21 DAYS for a modem. At last were able
to speak to someone in sales yesterday to cancel the deal, but arranged
with the operations manager for courier a modem to me this week. Hoping it
will be finalised.

--
Warm Regards,

*Sheryl Barnard*

Cell: 084 2505 365
Fax: 086 659 1443
http://www.facebook.com/chriomeros
http://www.wix.com/chrioevents/chriomerosevents
http://za.linkedin.com/in/chrioevents
http://www.tweetpopular.com/sherylbar@gmail.com
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

@Faldiela Hi. Please make use of the following contacts when tracking a fault/order. I was advised that the delay was due to a cable fault.

• Log and Track a Fault online
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Contact us on our Social Media Channels

• Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)

Highlighted

Wow.its the 25th of June already and we still waiting for installation since April. 2weeks ago we were told that faulty cables have been fixed and installation will be done on the 19th....that ofcourse didnt happen so when we called to ask whats happening we were told "telkom has a shortage of cables". How is that even possible???.so now you guys start lying just to get us off your backs for a few days until we call again. Order no.162078483A
About This Post