Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Wifi-calling

A few days ago shen i had data i got a notification that said i should turn on wifi calling but when i did that it didn't say how your supposed to call with wifi.....the big question i have is that does it really work.Please i need to know can anyone help me.
Błüëïvý
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Wifi-calling

[ Edited ]

Hi EnhleManax

Wifi Calling means your cellular calls are routed through VoIP technology. I am not aware of a definite way to determine whether it is routed through cellular or Wifi but once it is turned on, it'll automatically be managed by the network provider.

This also means that you will be able to make calls at standard tarriffs when cellular is out of reach and Wifi is connected. This includes when going abroad and you have not provisioned for international roaming.

Yes, wifi calling really works.

Need more clarity? Let me know.

Jack

Don't be a follower, be a student. - Jim Rohn '81
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do they technically work because on my phone i have Wi-Fi calling but it doesn't even work does it work Samsung because people say it works on i- phones is true..

Please kudo and reply🤗
Błüëïvý
Highlighted
New Contributor

I am not aware of a definite way to force calls over wifi, but as mentioned before, the network manages the call routing automatically. In my experience, a vast number of high end Samsung phones do have the function of Wifi Calling while there is weak cellular reception. The way I determine whether wifi calling is turned on or not is a symbol named 'VoLTE' in the notification bar at the top next to the signal strength indicator.

Although Wifi Calling may be of much higher audio quality than cellular, the person you called may still be on cellular and evidently will bring down the call quality to cellular.

Don't be a follower, be a student. - Jim Rohn '81
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you..
Błüëïvý
About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 Contributors