Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

can I change my ADSL password remotely?

I can see by my daily data consumption emails from Telkom that I'm losing data at a rapid rate, yet I've been away for 3 weeks and my house is locked up with no one there!  I can only presume someone has hacked my connection and is stealing my data?

Is there a way I can change my ADSL password remotely??

Need advice urgently, please, anyone?

Frequent Contributor

Re: can I change my ADSL password remotely?

Highlighted
Established Member

Hi Linda

This might help?

To set up remote management:

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
  2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
    A login window displays.
  3. Enter the router user name and password.
    The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
    The BASIC Home page displays.
  4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Remote Management.
    The Remote Management page displays.
  5. Select the Turn Remote Management On check box.
  6. In the Allow Remote Access By section, specify the external IP addresses that might manage the router remotely.
    Select one of the following:
    • Only This Computer. Allow access from a single IP address on the Internet. Enter the IP address.
    • IP Address Range. Allow access from a range of IP addresses on the Internet. Enter a beginning IP address and an ending IP address to define the allowed page.
    • Everyone. Allow access from any IP address on the Internet.
  7. Specify the port number for accessing the web management interface.
    Normal web browser access uses the standard HTTP service port 80. For greater security, enter a custom port number for the remote web management interface. Choose a number from 1024 to 65535, but do not use the number of any common service port. The default is 8443, which is a common alternate for HTTP.
  8. Click the Apply button.
    Your settings are saved.
Frequent Contributor

Hello there you have two answers. 

You have not been clear in your question about what you want to do.

If you want to change your Telkom ADSL account password (which also accesses your Telkom email) then follow my link.

If you want to change your Wifi access password then follow the other answer

Hi there.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry if confusing - I explained in my original message that I am overseas and have been notified by the daily data consumption email that Telkom sends that my data is disappearing fast - it's now exceeded its cap and is consuming beyond that! Yet, my home is locked up and no one is there!!   So my question was asking if there's any way I can change my ADSL router's password so that whoever is hacking my connection can be blocked. 

I tried your suggestion for remote management, but alas, it seems that I need to be connected to my router's network to make any change. Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the globe right now, so it can't help. 

Here's the message I get when I click on that link:

"You are not connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.net, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again."

But thanks anyway for trying.

In the past 36 hours I've sent three desperate emails to Telkom's help centre asking for urgent help, but they don't seem to have read them - ?!!

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 Contributors