Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

data disappearing but no one's home!

We are overseas and have been for 3 weeks, there's no one at home and the place is locked up. Not even the lights are on. 

And yet the daily data consumption reports from Telkom are showing that in the past three days, my data consumption has gone from 35% on Friday, to 78% on Saturday (yesterday), and to 100% today.

All gone. Fully used up. Zippo left.

And yet here's no one in the house to be using the data, and no one but me knows the password.

How can this be??

Can more be stolen once the cap is reached??  (ie. with Telkom charging me at some exorbitant rate per MB)

And importantly, is there a way I can change that password right now, remotely from my laptop, online?

Please, can anyone help??

Re: data disappearing but no one's home!

Hi Linda

The same thing has been happening to me and is still happening. From about Monday 26 June.

About 2GB has been disappearing every day, even though we haven't been using the internet that much, and even switched off the modem for a few days to see what would happen - data continued to disappear..

It even forced us over into "post-paid internet usage" which is charged at R12 per GB ---> By the end of the month, over 8GB worth of post-paid data had been used. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

hi @LindaD @TravisB i was going to say, if your data was being used while your modem is, someone might have your access details. you can change your password at https://online.telkomsa.net/pmt/

when you get home, i suggest you change the admin password to access your modem as well.

Thanks @goatfish 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think you can have two modems logged into the same ADSL account?

If their's is logged in then a pirate won't be able to use their details?

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 Contributors